What color did you order? And why?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably a rhetorical question... but wouldn't a "colored" phone model require you to have a clear case... otherwise you won't see the color on the back of the phone? Unless you don't care to use a carry case to show off the bare naked color of your phone??

Another option would be to get a clear case. I've had clear cases for my last two phones as well as other cases that weren't clear. :)

I've done this since my pearl white S10. What's the point of getting a color if only to hide it from myself and the world? I even got a clear case with the black devices. Granted they aren't as pretty or interesting, since many devices are black slates anyway, but it still shows off the design. I sometimes wish I could go back to the HTC Incredible or Rezound days when I never used a case. They had their little red accents that glinted in the sun but at $200 or $300 bucks I didn't feel the pressure to protect them quite as much as I do when the device is 4 times that amount.

The only draw back to clear cases is that they yellow over time. I got one that claimed to never yellow and it is less yellow than the one it replaced but is still yellow. I got the same case for my blue S22.

KingSlayerNYC

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Another option would be to get a clear case. I've had clear cases for my last two phones as well as other cases that weren't clear. :)

I used to buy UAG monarch for years.

But getting a new phone every year, the Monarch at $60 was a waste.

Started using clear cases and plus they show the colors.

Burgundy in clear case.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
The only draw back to clear cases is that they yellow over time. I got one that claimed to never yellow and it is less yellow than the one it replaced but is still yellow. I got the same case for my blue S22.

True, but it gives you an excuse to get a new case if it bothers you at some point. I always go clear and light/thin. Getting the S22+ green for me and the rose gold for my wife.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like these kinds of threads, because very often, we get colours or specific "device looks" for specific reasons.

I love white phones and have always loved white ones. They are bright; they are easier to find if you put them face-down; they look "clean", and white is just a beautiful shade. To date, I've had at least four white phones -- the most beautiful of which was my Honor 8. My S10 was a close second.

With the S22, white does look beautiful, or the lavender (violet?) shade. I also love unique colours on phones that will make them stand out -- so I broke my pattern and got a green Pixel 5.

If I were to get an S22, I'd get violet or white -- purple is my favourite colour! I just love having colour options.

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I went with the Burgundy. It's as close to pink as I was going to get. I've ordered 3 different clear cases. May get the pink OtterBox symmetry for a backup case.

I do wish Samsung would come out with some more vibrant color choices in their phones.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I went with Sky Blue, felt pretty anxious since they only had renders, no real previews.

But digging through YouTube, there's some Korean videos that show snippets of the exclusives! I took a few screenshots.

These are the first real photos I've seen for it. Glad I ordered the Sky Blue now but it sucks I'll have to wait a month for it

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
These are the first real photos I've seen for it. Glad I ordered the Sky Blue now but it sucks I'll have to wait a month for it

It does suck but glad I'm not the only one lol. You never know it could come early and might not. We will see. Sorry I know you probably said somewhere but when did you order again?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Who's going with White this time around? I had green in my cart and now it's phantom black just like my S21U. Because once I submit it I can't change my mind.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
It does suck but glad I'm not the only one lol. You never know it could come early and might not. We will see. Sorry I know you probably said somewhere but when did you order again?

I ordered it on the 9th... Invoice says estimated shipping around March 8th

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the red, but does it really matter? considering I'll probably put a case on.🤔

My Note 10+, (trade in) is white, wishing I had ordered white or the red, but went with Burgundy.
If I don't like the color with not be using the clear case I bought. 😉

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Burgundy. It's as close to pink as I was going to get. I've ordered 3 different clear cases. May get the pink OtterBox symmetry for a backup case.

I do wish Samsung would come out with some more vibrant color choices in their phones.

What about the Samsung-exclusive online colours? The Canadian store had a Violet colour.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Was at my local Best Buy today and they had the S22+ in green and I thought that color looks so cool and I believe that's the color I'm going to go with. It's a hunter green mixed in with some darker blue, very different to me plus I'm so used to getting black phones it's time for a change.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ordered White just like my S10+ that I'm trading in. I love the burgundy but wondered if I'd get tired of it after a year or two. So white it is but found a Speck case, Ombre that's half clear and half shades of burgundy! Next best thing along with future transparent colored cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez