what messaging app do you use?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Verizon Messages+ app. Its not bad but seemed to bog the phone down a bit so now back to stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I've heard the Verizon Messaging app has some cool features like being able to check messages from any online computer.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Messages+ should not bog the phone down. I have used it the past year on my MAXX and it flies. On the Turbo, you should be more than fine. It is great because the texts sync with the Messages+ app on my Nexus 7. I use Moto Connect and the Chrome extension to text from my PC.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Messages+ should not bog the phone down. I have used it the past year on my MAXX and it flies. On the Turbo, you should be more than fine. It is great because the texts sync with the Messages+ app on my Nexus 7. I use Moto Connect and the Chrome extension to text from my PC.
I'd never even tried the Verizon app until I saw your post and have always used the default Messaging for my needs. I tried Hangouts a couple of times and personally, find it cumbersome.

To my surprise, I love the Verizon version. The little customizable features are a nice touch and it's simple, quick & fast. Thanks for posting, had I not seen it would probably have never tried it since I'm not usually a fan of Verizon apps.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

VZW website has a M+ portal page that works in any browser. I have a pinned tab in Firefox that brings sync'd sms to my computer. Also love having sync'd sms on my wifi-only Nexus 7. Pains me to admit it, but VZW actually got something right here...

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Done with hangouts, just got "messenger" by google in all its material design goodness

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does the new Google messenger app allow you to set the background to black, instead of white?
If it had just a few more options it would be really slick. I love the ability to adjust & change the font in the Verizon app as well as configuration of display. Not bad for an initial offering though, if it follows Google's history with other apps, it'll evolve quickly.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was using 8sms with our old Moto X. WIth the Turbo, and upgrading the rest of the family to smartphones, I have been trying to go all in with Hangouts. Haven't had any issues yet, and we are able to use the Motorola Connect Chrome extension to be able to text my non-Hangouts friends from my PC.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Been using the Verizon Message+ now for a couple of years. I really like it and when I look at other SMS apps, it seems to do as much or more than them. I also like how I can link it to my computer as it's easier for me to use my computer keyboard for typing more quickly.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Handcent for quite some time now but after reading through this thread I decided to give the Google Messenger a whirl. Definitely not as customizeable as Handcent...not even close, in fact. I also don't like "bubble" conversations and is one of the reasons I was drawn to Handcent but I'll see how GM works for while.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Been using the Verizon Message+ now for a couple of years. I really like it and when I look at other SMS apps, it seems to do as much or more than them. I also like how I can link it to my computer as it's easier for me to use my computer keyboard for typing more quickly.
I really like the new Google Message app but need my glasses for the smallish font. With the Verizon app, can adjust font size & style as you like, a really nice touch. I'm staying with it for now but will continue to monitor updates to Google's, I'm betting it's going to be enhanced over time. Who would have guessed Verizon would get an app right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali