what messaging app do you use?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I use Chomp because I like all of the customizability with notifications etc. I just went and tried Google Messenger again, but I can't do that so I'm heading back to Chomp.
For giggles, I downloaded chomp this morning, and the first thing I noticed is that SMS and MMS threads from the same contact are split into separate threads. Is there a setting to merge these?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For giggles, I downloaded chomp this morning, and the first thing I noticed is that SMS and MMS threads from the same contact are split into separate threads. Is there a setting to merge these?

But, did you giggle?

Somehow Chomp has eluded me previously. I've certainly heard of it before, but in looking at the screenshots in the Play Store, I don't think I've tried it before. So, I will, too.

Anyone who has used Chomp and also Textra (I haven't found anything to permanently pull me away...or even do so briefly), any head to head comparison? Things one has the other doesn't, etc?

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I like Google messenger the best, but it won't work on my network extender when it comes to MMS messages. I've begun using textra, because of the option in the settings for t-mobile wifi fix. It temporarily turns the wifi off when sending MMS, thus allowing it to work with the network extender.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I like Google messenger the best, but it won't work on my network extender when it comes to MMS messages. I've begun using textra, because of the option in the settings for t-mobile wifi fix. It temporarily turns the wifi off when sending MMS, thus allowing it to work with the network extender.

Fwiw, I do not have that problem with MMS messages on a network extender using Google messenger. I do it all of the time (though I have a Droid Maxx and not a turbo.)

Do you have the current 3g extender or the older one that was 1xRTT only?

(By the way, I'm not suggesting you switch from textra, which is a great app. Just seems weird that you have that issue.)

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Textra - it was the only app I could get to work with group messages and iPhone users. No complaints!

chompSMS also works with iPhone recipients as well as T-Mobile wifi group MMS. chompSMS has been great, but based on comments above, maybe I should try Textra.

To repeat another's question, does anyone have a chompSMS vs Textra comparison?

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Fwiw, I do not have that problem with MMS messages on a network extender using Google messenger. I do it all of the time (though I have a Droid Maxx and not a turbo.)

Do you have the current 3g extender or the older one that was 1xRTT only?

(By the way, I'm not suggesting you switch from textra, which is a great app. Just seems weird that you have that issue.)

I have the newer Samsung 3G extender. When a message comes in, or I try to send one (only MMS) the messenger app locks up and the phone gets hot, so I turn off wifi to receive or send. VZ message + has the same issue. This problem does not affect my wife's moto x (2014), and only started after the first advanced calling update. I was hopeful that the 2nd would fix it, but no luck.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Messenger but I just started using Telegram because it blows android sms apps out of the water. It's very frustrating how out of date android sms is compared to iMessage and Telegram is actually more robust than iMessage. It's very fast, cross platform, can use from computer, has read receipts and can send files up to a gig. The only problem of course is getting people on it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz