What problems are you experiencing with the Essential Phone

doctormeatusa

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
The only issue I have that has not already been addressed is the Verizon support for a couple of their services - visual voicemail and enhanced caller ID specifically. Everything else just works.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
The only issue with mine after the September update is it wouldn't perform an administrative lock after the timer expired. It resorted to a user lock only, allowing FPR instead of PIN.

I didn't try to debug it since I actually found it more convenient despite breaking MDM policy. I just had to remember to manually lock it when unattended.

banayan11

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone encounter connection problem with the 360 camera? The LED is blue, the fan has no response and sometimes the phone cannot power the camera on. Updates failed even if I cleared all cached data and log in the safe mode. The customers service is so bad. Their response is so slow. How to aquire a replacement? Anyone can help?

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone encounter connection problem with the 360 camera? The LED is blue, the fan has no response and sometimes the phone cannot power the camera on. Updates failed even if I cleared all cached data and log in the safe mode. The customers service is so bad. Their response is so slow. How to aquire a replacement? Anyone can help?
Welcome to AC. Have you tried updating the camera app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.essential.klik

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
• Won't always charge, three separate times it just would not recognize charging. Used the stock charger, Samsung quick charger, and another QC 2.0 certified charger. Would work again after a restart. This is weird as charging takes place at a hardware level.

• Poor signal reception, less coverage indoors than any phone I have or have had.

Physically this was the best phone I've ever owned or used, felt so good in the hand, it just exudes quality. However the known software issues, coupled with the hardware issues I was experiencing made this device feel half-baked.

Ended up returning withing the 14 day try out period it as I don't see those hardware issues getting better. Sprint wanted me to get the phone repaired, but I was unwilling to go through any repair/replacement on a brand new phone.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This thread reminds me so much of Windows Central right after a new Fast Ring Insider Preview has been released. Essential Phone is so Beta!

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Charger Lag

There is a weird lag of around 3-5 seconds after I plug my phone into the charger. The phone goes into outer space. I cant use the fingerprint reader. I cant swipe to login in. Nothing. No response.

Then, once it finishes the lag, the multiple attempts at a fingerprint read and swipe that seem to be queued in memory, try and execute.

Really strange.

Have any of you heard of this problem?

bhvol

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
So I reported this thru the support email portal and got an email back that they would be sending me an exchange unit within five to seven days from their partner Asurian. I am surprised by this for sure.

Well I knew this might be too good to be true. I emailed back to Emily at Essential twice to see what the status was from Asurian and got no answer. So I then tweeted Essential since they seemed to be replying to problems. Next thing I get a tweet from Asurian to DM them and let them help. As I suspected, no case of any kind had been opened by Essential...

Oh well, I will just let it sit on the shelf a little while longer.

The DragonTJH

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what this is about, and how to make it stop? It's popped up about a dozen times now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171011-061954.jpg
    Screenshot_20171011-061954.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 29

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what this is about, and how to make it stop? It's popped up about a dozen times now.

Looks like the update profile and update prl screens. Go to settings then scroll to the bottom, click about phone, click OMADM updates. You will see update profile and prl. Select profile and see what it does, are you able to call text and access data with just your cell network?

deppi0

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My wallpaper changes to the default one by itself randomly.

I use my phone with Android Auto a lot and I noticed that when I eject from Android Auto from my Chrysler that the wallpaper is sometimes different.

I set my wallpaper by long pressing the home screen and then selecting Google wallpaper.

I got the same problem a couple of times. No idea why...

deppi0

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, my Smart Lock keeps disappearing. I can get it back by turning off Trust Agents and then rebooting and turning it back on. But, it randomly keeps disappearing. Anyone else? I have reset the phone once.

I have this problem relatively often and I have no idea how it happens. I turn off Trust Agent, restart and turn Trust Agent back on and it's fine....for a few days.

I read of quite a few different brands of phones who have this intermittent issue.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the unlocked version from Best Buy the other day and I really do like it! My issues are weak wifi at work (home is ok) and there are like no cases available for it - it is so slippery.

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
They have fixed the touch problem. The camera software is much better and takes really good pictures. Does not have tons of features, but if you need that, use an editing app after. The smart Lock is a known bug and they are fixing it soon. The bt issue of random disconnects is gone. Though I have an old bt issue with the phone in my car using Google Assistant. Turn off auto adjust in display if you think the screen is too dark. The slippery feel goes away. Kind of.... If you are having any weirdness at all with this phone, make sure you have the latest update from Essential for the phone's os. Then do a reset. Your phone will work great. Progress has been made. Just being fair and keeping the forum relevant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe