What Screen Protectors Are You Ordering?

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm using ESR tempered glass, and the fingerprint sensor is fine other than needing to be pressed on a little harder.

I'm actually thinking of taking it off though... As you say, the screen seems to be incredibly resilient to scratching, but screen protectors will still protect against smashing and cracking.
My ESR screen protector went on easy and feels great so far but I get dry hands and tje finger print recognition has dropped significantly for me, I have to lick my thumb to try to get it to read, so I'm now thinking of taking it off.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've tried about 4 different types for the sg23u,
This AACL is definitely short on all sides, but it's the first time I'm able to truly use S pen & utilize fingerprints. Lays down very nice, 1 camera lense set.

Cannot attach file yet. Bar code # X0041A8MOH

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My ESR screen protector went on easy and feels great so far but I get dry hands and tje finger print recognition has dropped significantly for me, I have to lick my thumb to try to get it to read, so I'm now thinking of taking it off.
A thumb licker, eh? You disgust me!

I get the same thing lol. especially when I've just washed my hands... gives me an existential crisis when I'm stood there thinking "I just washed my hands, but if I don't lick my thumb I can't get into my phone... but I JUST washed my hands...". .

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Said it before and will say it again...Optical FP sensors, especially the ones used by OnePlus are faster, easier to setup, and NOT hindered by screen protectors! You don't even need to re-do the FP's after installing the protector with an optical one. So there "may" be some benefits to the Ultrasonic type (though they escape me) but a good quality, properly implemented Optical FP sensor works so much better than the one on this phone! YMMV

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
A thumb licker, eh? You disgust me!

I get the same thing lol. especially when I've just washed my hands... gives me an existential crisis when I'm stood there thinking "I just washed my hands, but if I don't lick my thumb I can't get into my phone... but I JUST washed my hands...". .

Same here

Reactions: kide#WN

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Said it before and will say it again...Optical FP sensors, especially the ones used by OnePlus are faster, easier to setup, and NOT hindered by screen protectors! You don't even need to re-do the FP's after installing the protector with an optical one. So there "may" be some benefits to the Ultrasonic type (though they escape me) but a good quality, properly implemented Optical FP sensor works so much better than the one on this phone! YMMV
So the argument for ultrasonic FPS is that it can create a 3D map of your finger and is thus more secure.

Now, does it actually thwart the common means by which people spoof FPS's? I don't know (heck I don't even know how you'd spoof a fingerprint for an FPS). But, this is apparently why Samsung says they went the ultrasonic route.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung anti-reflecting that came with my cases. I installed it early this morning (7ish am and now 6:55pm) and I'd rate it above average for fp recognition. The sensor isn't AS fast, but still works well. It does affect the anti glare of the naked screen, but not annoyingly so, imo. I dont see a lot of smudges or Spen marks and its simple to just wipe down. I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Spigen for my husband's S24 and was goin to do the same for my S24U until I looked at the terrible reviews on Amazon. Real or fake? Maybe I'll got go naked again since I have an S-View case, which is what I have on my S22U and only have a couple of little scratches.

Spigen S24U Amazon reviews

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So the argument for ultrasonic FPS is that it can create a 3D map of your finger and is thus more secure.

Now, does it actually thwart the common means by which people spoof FPS's? I don't know (heck I don't even know how you'd spoof a fingerprint for an FPS). But, this is apparently why Samsung says they went the ultrasonic route.
As far as I know, and this may be out of date. But to spoof an optical sensor you just need to take a print the traditional way (maybe you have to reverse it, not sure) because it's basically just a camera. With an Ultrasonic sensor, you have to build a 3D replica of the persons finger pad from fleshlike material... In my experience Ultrasonic is also faster and more reliable, but I've never used a OnePlus phone with one.

Reactions: MarVaRa

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung anti-reflecting that came with my cases. I installed it early this morning (7ish am and now 6:55pm) and I'd rate it above average for fp recognition. The sensor isn't AS fast, but still works well. It does affect the anti glare of the naked screen, but not annoyingly so, imo. I dont see a lot of smudges or Spen marks and its simple to just wipe down. I'd give it a 4 out of 5.
I had that on for a day, but I'm not sure there's any point in plastic film protectors with the S24 Ultra... with how scratch resistant the new screens are, and the fact that, unlike tempered glass, PET films don't really offer smash protection, I struggled to find a reason for it.

Just something I think is worth considering.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I had that on for a day, but I'm not sure there's any point in plastic film protectors with the S24 Ultra... with how scratch resistant the new screens are, and the fact that, unlike tempered glass, PET films don't really offer smash protection, I struggled to find a reason for it.

Just something I think is worth considering.
I agree. It was free, I tried it, reviewed it, and I'm sure I'll take it off at some point. Probably if/when lint starts clinging to the edges.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Not...

Daily driver S23+ is in a $8 credit card slider case without screen protector since October and no scratches.

Ordered the same brand's slightly taller & wider S24+ case that is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

FAiello

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using the one that came with my CaseBorne clear phone case for my S24+. It went on very easy, no bubbles. I even had to remove it to realign and still no bubbles. Fingerprint reader works great too.

Reactions: Katrina White1

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using the one that came with my CaseBorne clear phone case for my S24+. It went on very easy, no bubbles. I even had to remove it to realign and still no bubbles. Fingerprint reader works great too.
I'm going to try that one if/ when I remove the Samsung one. I wondered about the fps, so thanks for sharing.

s2kdriver80

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know who makes the thinnest glass screen protector for the S24U?

Never had a scratch on any of my phones before, and impact protection isn't top priority. Just don't want to wear down the oleophobic coating on the bare screen with normal use.

Looking for glass, for the feel and clarity. And also thin, to minimize fingerprint sensor annoyance. Not feeling the Spigen one on my S24U. I bought an Orzly super thin screen protector for my nintendo switch oled, but doesn't seem like they make one for the S24U.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using the anti glare screen protector that Samsung put in some of the promo offers on the ultra?

I'm just curious if that dims the screen to much
It doesn't dim the screen at all, and it also isn't really anti-glare in my opinion lol.

I'm also not sure if there's any point using it, given how scratch resistant the phone screen already as and that a plastics green protector offers no breakage protection, it seems kind of pointless.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc