What temperature is your battery during moderate use?

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got the 3500 last night and had a question about battery temperature.

I have the "Battery Indicator" App which I believe is very useful. Shows you when you unplugged, what percentage you were at when unplugged and the temperature of the battery.

I noticed the same thing with the stock battery, the 1750 I had and with the beastly 3500 I have now.

When I'm on the train in the morning and have "heavy" usage ( pandora, stock music, internet, etc) the temperature goes from about 88 to over 100 degrees.

During this time the battery is drained like wildfire and I can't help but wonder if there is a problem with my phone that makes the battery increase in temperature which in turn causes it to drain quicker.

Does anyone else notice the temperature of your battery during moderate / heavy usage?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This has been discussed many times in many places, but.....yes this phone gets very hot very quickly. When I use Pandora or navigation it gets super hot. I don't worry much about it because if the phone burns out I will just get a replacement. I just hope that your new 3500 doesn't burn out because I don't know what the return policy is on it. Good news is that since the phones release this has been a discussion and only one or two people posted that they burned out the phone. You are not alone.

bobnfloyd

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So... ignoring the off track nature of the last few messages, I've noticed that when using navigation and charging using a OEM ATT micro-usb cable that the battery temp will get into the 105 degree F range and then I'll notice that the phone is no longer charging. Is that normal? The ATT charger is a 1Amp charger so the phone does register as a AC charging while I'm using GPS and trying to charge the phone I will look at my BatteryLife widget and it will register as being in a "Overheat" state (and it seems that the phone is not charging). I'm not sure the application knows what temp is acceptable and in spec for our Droid Incredibles, does anybody have any insight as to both the spec'ed battery tempreture range allowable, and why my phone stops charging? Thanks in advance!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just surfing these pages and I'm at 98 degrees. Using the Seidio 1750. After a little more surfing I'm at 103.

Last edited:

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had one instance where using Google Nav in the car while charging I hit over 118 or so. Spare Parts called overheat, so I unplugged it, let it cool, and when I plugged it in it was fine.

knifeahoepro

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After playing Pocket Legends or/Gun Bros for 20 minutes my 3500 Seidio gets to be around 118-125F :( usually my Widgetsoid widget Battery Indicator Health reads Overheating.

-DInc/Unrooted-Froyo

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure the exact temperature but ussually if im downloading a game or an app and maybe texting itll get pretty hot

original battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John H