What was THE reason you (finally) bought the Flip?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If I had to pick ONE reason why I got the Z Flip 3.

My order finally went through with Samsung after numerous attempts, their process is a PITA! What's worst is they won't tell you the reason why? Anyways, it was just my postal code format. lol

Now that I got that out :p

THE reason is Samsung Care+ is included. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first time Samsung is doing this right? If not, I guess I didn't pay attention enough because IMO the display is too fragile. As I said in another thread I was really impressed with the improvements Samsung made. I was sold, I told my girl I'm buying this when we get home, (I got her the iPhone 12 Pro, so no complaints). :D

The other bonuses helped. I got it in green (my favorite color).

My nephew helped with 10% off.
Free Galaxy Buds 2 and Wireless Charger Duo.
I got $200 for a liquid damaged Galaxy A70.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just to be able to fold a phone and slide it into my pocket again. I haven't been able to do that since the old flip phone days and I miss the convenience. Also, because my current Note 20 Ultra can't use c-band 5G and the new Flip 3 can.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
For me, it is almost curiosity. I like the idea of how it should fit in a pocket. I was also intrigued by how various reviewers have used it, including (I believe) a CNET review where he puts the Fold on the dashboard and uses the camera to record while he is driving. I doubt I'd have the bravery to just leave it on the dash (to worried it would fall if I need to brake suddenly) but it was effective in showing just how convenient it can be for recording.

So, I look forward to seeing how I can use it to improve my phone experience.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
For me it was two things really: the nostalgia value of having something that opens and closes, I do miss those days when we used our phones in that way. Flipping it open to answer, slamming it closed to end a call. Within reason, most phones are so similar these days it's nice to have something different. The 2nd reason is the form factor when in my pocket, it just feels nice and compact and no longer feels like a weight against my leg.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My reason for getting the flip is because I got the fold 2 last year, but didn't really see a need to have it since I had the tab s7+. The flip 3 is an easy choice since the design makes it more compact for 2nd line use. I woop will say that I ordered the fold 3 as well just because I love technology and have to see if I will like the improvements over the fold 2.

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Mainly for the form factor. I'm tired of glass slabs and wanted something different. This seems to check that box off and can easily be folded and put in a pocket....

Only thing I wish it really had was an SD card since I have alot of flac music files. Kinda a bummer on that aspect but, it is what it is...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I love big phones, but I hate carrying them around, they can be cumbersome. This solves that problem for me. This may be the new line I upgrade to every year.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Really like the idea of a flip smartphone. Nice to be able to carry around such a small 6.7 inch device. I don't expect it to be "better" than a note series or S series. I just like the form factor and nostalgia of using a flip phone.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Coming from every Note possible & then the Ultra 20 ... I downsized to the S10e. Felt like my pants were falling down especially when you add the holster. Been using the S10e & using my pocket & works great for my use, but the S10e is having some issues & going back. The flip looks great & the fold & size makes this perfect! We shall see. BTW, the Ultra Camera was never as good as thoughted & retiring, so I do not need that much now.

Cheers, Jon

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Def the improved and larger outside display,sold me since there's no note this year. I think realistically the fold 3 to me seems like it would fit the next generation of the note. Due largely to the S pen support with the new fold.

However, I feel for my personal use is slightly "too" big. So I opted for the flip 3 instead. It really piqued my interest despite the small battery mAH. You bet it's nostalgia! My fav flip phone was the Motorola Microtac Elite. I'm so excited I pre-ordered the OEM leather case. I'm with Rogers and pre-ordered Aug 11th. This also includes the promo; duo charging pad and buds 2.

Counting down now!

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Mainly for the form factor. I'm tired of glass slabs and wanted something different. This seems to check that box off and can easily be folded and put in a pocket....

Only thing I wish it really had was an SD card since I have alot of flac music files. Kinda a bummer on that aspect but, it is what it is...
Food for thought? What about using a USB c thumb drive to play yer music files?

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is a PITA, last night I got an email that my order was canceled with NO EXPLANATION whatsoever?!?

Seriously, this my 4th attempt trying to pre-order it. I wouldn't put up with this nonsense if this was just a regular purchase with no discount, bonuses and trade-in.

I will call again tomorrow...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Forget to point out, I wonder if the Cell Phone Gods is trying to tell me to go with the Google Pixel 6 Pro instead. LOL

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally I’m curious since I like all new tech. But I also got a good deal when I combined it with a Tab S7 plus which I was able to resell for a $275 profit. I also got $153 cash back from Rakuten. So My device is gonna end up costing $571 While still keeping my S21 ultra.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Personally I’m curious since I like all new tech. But I also got a good deal when I combined it with a Tab S7 plus which I was able to resell for a $275 profit. I also got $153 cash back from Rakuten. So My device is gonna end up costing $571 While still keeping my S21 ultra.
Thats the way to do it

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered and cancelled the order at least 3 times. I really like larger phones but carrying them in my pants or shorts are a burden and cumbersome.

Flip 3 gives the large phone option with half of the my length. I look forward to it. I also like that Samsung allows 21 days to try with Affirm financing. Also Affirm have monthly payments with trade in at $17 aonth for 24 months.
To me it is worth trying and if I like I will keep or send it back.
Label has been created will probably receive by Thursday this week.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I used the previous gen Flip for couple of months and honestly liked the form factor and just closing the phone to half and making it so easy to pocketable was fun. Just that last year specs weren't that great compared to what they were asking for price wise. I think this year they have great specs and honestly feel it can replace the S21 series phones for many. I have ordered the Flip 3 along with Fold 3 since I was undecided between the two, will see which one I'll keep over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I won't get tempted to keep both

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali