What was THE reason you (finally) bought the Flip?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Me too. I think it looks so pretty. Was so tempted to get one trading in my S10+ and paying £18 a month. BUT no Dex was deal-breaker for me as I use Dex. Want to hold out for the pixel 6. Will only buy it if my son's 2xl dies and I have to give him my 4a 5G.
I haven't really used DEX except to try it but that could be deal breaker for some.

verendus

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If I had to pick ONE reason why I got the Z Flip 3.

My order finally went through with Samsung after numerous attempts, their process is a PITA! What's worst is they won't tell you the reason why? Anyways, it was just my postal code format. lol

Now that I got that out :p

THE reason is Samsung Care+ is included. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first time Samsung is doing this right? If not, I guess I didn't pay attention enough because IMO the display is too fragile. As I said in another thread I was really impressed with the improvements Samsung made. I was sold, I told my girl I'm buying this when we get home, (I got her the iPhone 12 Pro, so no complaints). :D

The other bonuses helped. I got it in green (my favorite color).

My nephew helped with 10% off.
Free Galaxy Buds 2 and Wireless Charger Duo.
I got $200 for a liquid damaged Galaxy A70.

Hope people realize that Samsung Care+ changed their deductible to $249 with the release of the 3rd gen foldables. That’s just $120 cheaper than the cost of non-warranty repair. It used to be $99 for replacement and even cheaper for screen repair. It’s not even through Samsung, but through Asurion.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
so for me I have two phones my iphone 11 pro my main %itch and then my Android which is my play phone. so I normally watch my videos and movies and music on it so. so I decided to upgrade my note 20 ultra to the fold 3 they gave me a good deal so now I am here.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mainly for the form factor. I'm tired of glass slabs and wanted something different. This seems to check that box off and can easily be folded and put in a pocket....

Only thing I wish it really had was an SD card since I have alot of flac music files. Kinda a bummer on that aspect but, it is what it is...

I agree on both your comments. I can't believe they didn't put in an SD card slot. I thought they learned their lesson a few years ago when they left that out and people complained so much they put it back and now they do it again? WTH? This could potentially be a deal breaker for me, I'm still pondering it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree on both your comments. I can't believe they didn't put in an SD card slot. I thought they learned their lesson a few years ago when they left that out and people complained so much they put it back and now they do it again? WTH? This could potentially be a deal breaker for me, I'm still pondering it.
The SD removal was different then verses now. A lot of the competition still had it the first time Samsung removed it and devices didn't have that much internal memory.
Internal memory is faster and more reliable. The only real advantage SD memory has is for swapping in-and-out and a lot of that's been eliminated with either cloud storage or pc backup. I don't think it's coming back.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

I believe the biggest issue with an SD card on the Flip is that it doesn't have room for it, as they are trying to keep it as thin as possible. If they did increase the size, at all, I believe that adding a larger battery would be the priority over including an SD card slot.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Two main ones. First my Note 20 Ultra 5G wouldn't have access to 5G c-band when it's deployed. Second, it's nice to have a phone I can fold up and drop in my pocket once again.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh man what a pleasure to carry this 6.7 inch device around. Fits so nicely in the pocket and/or bag. And yes it is rather enjoyable opening and closing the device.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
3 months ago I downsized from the S20 Ultra to the S10e & loved that I could just put it in my back pocket instead of something twice as heavy in a holster. Well the Renewed S10e had issues & had to send it back to Amazon. In the process of looking, I saw the Z Flip3 & ordered it. I got the Phantom Black 256 & love it! I initially had the VRS Design case in Metal Color & it's a good case, but the bulk & the hard plastic against the phone was not my idea of protection. I really love it without the case & have ordered a Ringke slim case clear matte for it. At first I was afraid of this phone & worried about getting used to a flip. Well I am now way past that & LOVE it! SmartSwitch is the best thing since Flip phones ;)

I hope this helps somebody, Cheers, Jon

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 9, excellent phone and nice big display. I have the S10E because it had everything and compact. Switched back and forth on a regular basis because I liked compact and big display. Traded the Note 9 and kept the S10E along with the Hip Flip 3. Flip 3 is compact and I have a larger display. Having both in one phone sold me!

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I used the previous gen Flip for couple of months and honestly liked the form factor and just closing the phone to half and making it so easy to pocketable was fun. Just that last year specs weren't that great compared to what they were asking for price wise. I think this year they have great specs and honestly feel it can replace the S21 series phones for many. I have ordered the Flip 3 along with Fold 3 since I was undecided between the two, will see which one I'll keep over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I won't get tempted to keep both

Same...love the form factor but I wanted to wait for a larger outside screen. Def nostalgia as well. My fav flip fone of all time was the Motorola MicroTac Elite flip phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej