What we know about the Droid 3 ? (Updated with Official Spec.s)

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys ,
This is the Official spec.s of the DROID 3 , which confirmed some of the previous leaks

- Variants :
Droid 3 (Hardware name : XT862)
MileStone 3 (Hardware name : UnKnown)
MileStone 3 (Hardware name : XT883) (CDMA\World version for the Chinese Market)

- Android Version :
Android GingerBread 2.3.4

- MOTOBLUR \ Motorola Application Platform :
Yes , New version , most likely "3D MOTOBLUR" like the one in the leaked Droid Bionic pictures

- Dimensions :
124 x 64 x 13 mm

- Weight :
167 g

- Screen :
4.0" qHD screen

- CPU :
TI OMAP4430-1000 1GHz Dual-Core CPU

- Graphics card :
PowerVR SGX 540

- RAM :
512MB (Motorola didn't say which type of RAM , but probably DDR2 -since its a standard with the TI OMAP44 30-)

- ROM (Internal Storage) :
16GB (1.5GB for apps , 11GB for users)

- SD card Support\Slot :
Yes , up to 32GB , but the DROID 3 does NOT come with one

- LTE :
No

- World\Global :
Yes
CDMA 800/1900,
GSM 850/900/1800/1900,
W-CDMA 850/1900/2100
EVDO Rev. A ,
GPRS/EDGE Class 12,
HSDPA
HSUPA

- BlueTooth :
Yes , 2.1 +EBR

- Battery :
1500 mAh

- Camera :
Rear Camera : 8MP with 1080p HD Recording
Front Camera : 0.3MP VGA
Flash Light : Single LED flash

- KeyBoard :
New 5-Raw Keyboard with dedicated numbers with blue accents

- WebTop :
No

- Hackability\Unlocked bootloader :
Probably : Unlockable\ReLockable like the Xoom

Android Police & AusDroid are confirming that

An update on Motorola?s locked boot-loader situation | Ausdroid

Confirmed: Motorola To Make Bootloaders On Current Devices Unlockable In "Late 2011" ? Where Carriers Allow It | Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets - Android Police

- Release date :
July 7th , Available in stores July 14th
Q3 in China

- Extras :
The DROID 3 comes pre-loaded with Citrix GoToMeeting & Citrix Receiver apps
Grollia glass , 98% chance will have it (like all Motorola phones)
HDMI-out
No Camera shutter
2 Notification lights , just like the OG Droid & Droid 2
2 Mics like the Droid 2 (For Noise cancellation)

Thanks to AndroidCentral members who helped me collecting these informations
"double0droid"
"f150fan"
"Cvballa3g0"
"LSX346"
"trailblazen"
"rickhamilton620"

Source of the Official information :

MOTODEV > Products > DROID 3 by Motorola, XT862

If you know anything else , or if any of the informations i wrote is wrong , please say it

Information Regarding the ""OMAP 4430" CPU

Texas Instruments OMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Reactions: f150fan

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Double, is there any information that you can give us that has not been shown yet? Just curious. I am thinking either the Droid 3 or Bionic as my next upgrade. Thanks for what you've shared so far.

Reactions: IceDree

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
double0 how is the performance of the device?

Even being DDR2, i'm kinda concerned about there only being 512MB ram...

choices are:

sluggish

meh

zippy

Thanks in advance!

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

choices are:

sluggish

meh

zippy

Thanks in advance!

Yea , Im concerned too
I would like to know how does the 512 DDR2 RAM performs ?
not in benchmarks , but in real life from day to day

The thing is , that there is no one other phone out there with a similar Spec.s
The closest things (Hardware wise) to it Is the LG Optimus 3D which is not out yet & the BlackBerry PlayBook which is running a different OS

This could be my next phone (50% Atrix , 40% MileStone 3 & 10% HTC HD7)

Thanks in advance

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

choices are:

sluggish

meh

zippy

Thanks in advance!

The device is not slow by any means, I would say close to zippy if choosing from the above. I have experienced a little lag when opening the app drawer but remember my software may not be the final version and I am running a large amount of apps. Also while I can not say with 100%, I would say this device will be better with ICS as I would guess GB does not fully use the dual core. For those of you having a hard time deciding, I will say this is the best keyboarded android phone in the US.

Last edited:

Lsx346

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
im curious about the notification LED, im hoping you can do blue, yellow, green, red, purple, cyan, etc like the OG.

is the blue accented keyboard the final keyboard? because im really liking the blue over black.

also how much memory is available for apps?

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
lsx,
I have not had the op to test all the colors of the led. I would assume they are all there as I have seen red, green, yellow.

As for the keyboard, I was told that the leaks over the weekend are closer to final specs.

Memory I can not answer as my software is not final, I have downloaded all my apps to which there are a ton thanks to amazon's free app of the day. What device are you using now?

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
lsx,
I have not had the op to test all the colors of the led. I would assume they are all there as I have seen red, green, yellow.

As for the keyboard, I was told that the leaks over the weekend are closer to final specs.

Memory I can not answer as my software is not final, I have downloaded all my apps to which there are a ton thanks to amazon's free app of the day. What device are you using now?

Lsx346

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
im using a rooted G2 with sense, i still have 1.09GB left on app memory. i hate having just a red and green LED, handcent sms lets you test out the colors if i remember. is the phone covered in a rubber texture? from the leak pictures it looks like motorola went from that plastic gloss to that matte texture in the past 2 months.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
im using a rooted G2 with sense, i still have 1.09GB left on app memory. i hate having just a red and green LED, handcent sms lets you test out the colors if i remember. is the phone covered in a rubber texture? from the leak pictures it looks like motorola went from that plastic gloss to that matte texture in the past 2 months.
yes the phone has the texture on it, I personally like the way it feels. You do have more then the two colors, I have or can get most of the devices out. If you like your keyboard you will love this one. Having the additional number row takes some getting used to but in a good way. like oh wait I don't need to hit the alt key any more.

Lsx346

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i had the epic for a month and liked the number row, but hated sprint so i got the G2 and t mobile is even worse, i really like the blue accents of the keyboard. does the ROM thats loaded on the phone have the mirror application like the DX2?

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the mirror app, but again and i don't mean to use this as an excuse, my software might not be final. I also used an epic for a while, this has almost the same feel with the exception of higher build quality.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks allot Double0Droid for sharing these informations with us

Is there anything else you can tell us about the Droid 3 ? from your experiences with it

From the Previous Motorola phones , I guess its gonna have 8GB of Internal Storage , but I'm hoping for 16GB

As you said this will be the Best KeyBoard slider

Believe it or not , Im not interested in it because of the KeyBoard (I barely use mine - OG MileStone-) , I always loved the design of the Droid (by Motorola) phones & the Droid 3 is the perfect one for me (It have it all : GSM variant , 1GHz CPU , 4" screen , 8MP HD camera , Massive storage space & its All BLACK*)

* For some reason the color the phone is very important to me , I don't know why !
Even though the Droid 2\MileStone 2 had a great spec.s (At time they were released) , I didn't like them because they were BLUE

Again , Thanks Allot

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys
The Chinese Website (Xda.Cn) that leaked the MileStone 3 Spec.s confirms that the ROM is 16GB !!!

I've translated it into English

Milestone 3 uses a TI OMAP4430 dual-core processor, ARM's Cortex-A9 architecture, 45nm production process, using the industry's first dual-core mobile TI program. With 512 RAM, 16G's ROM, and SGX540 the GPU

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Double for all the info you have been providing. I will still be looking at the Droid 3 or the Bionic for my next upgrade. Hopefully all the official specs will be released soon. They may mirror the Milestone 3 but who knows for sure. I guess Double may know. :)

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I will say i might not even know, My contact at Moto has not told me if anything changed since I got it. I know the first one I saw had the all black number keys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware