What we know about the Droid 3 ? (Updated with Official Spec.s)

BluePlate

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw this asked already, but not answered (though the lack of replies may mean the answer is no):

Will the Droid 3 (the cdma model) be global like the Droid 2? If so, it's my next phone. :)

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just to let the community know today was the final day of my trail of the D3. While the time was short I found it to be a great device. I look forward to when it is available for all.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Just to let the community know today was the final day of my trail of the D3. While the time was short I found it to be a great device. I look forward to when it is available for all.

uh Man , sorry to hear that
I really really hope that you enjoyed your time & trial with the Droid 3
Again , thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinions & experiences with the Droid 3

Much Appreciated

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again Double for the info that you have provided. Your take on this device has given me a new outlook on just how good it will probably be when launched. My only other problem is the Bionic. Which device will seem to fit my needs better. Time will tell.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome, I hope my posts helped some of you decide. As for your decision Bionic vs Droid 3 that is a though one I might also have to make. LTE is addictive, I use a Charge when I don't have test devices. I will still try to answer some questions however it will be from memory instead of having the device in hand.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So the Milestone 3 is a global phone... Any chance VZW wouldn't sport the global capabilities?

-Suntan

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what?

hmmm...now that is interesting. either GSMArena got their info wrong, or we can hope for different (better?) spects on the Droid...

Now EnGadget is also saying the CPU is "NVIDIA Tegra 2" (I've added the link in the First Post)

Plus , in the Promo Pictures that was released today
There's a picture of a game (Samuri game) with "NVIDIA Tegra" logo on the upper left corner of the screen

So , I guess after all , we can hope for different (better?) spects on the Droid...

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how I feel about Tegra 2 versus OMAP. Personally I think that I would like to see the OMAP processor over the Tegra mainly because it appears to do some things better than Tegra. The Moto Droid series has always had TI's OMAP processors and I would like to see them carry on that tradition. Tegra 2 has been out for a while now and I think that it is TI's dual core performs better than NVidia's at this point. Although NVidia probably still has a slight edge in the GPU department the processing power will go to TI. Just my thoughts.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how I feel about Tegra 2 versus OMAP. Personally I think that I would like to see the OMAP processor over the Tegra mainly because it appears to do some things better than Tegra. The Moto Droid series has always had TI's OMAP processors and I would like to see them carry on that tradition. Tegra 2 has been out for a while now and I think that it is TI's dual core performs better than NVidia's at this point. Although NVidia probably still has a slight edge in the GPU department the processing power will go to TI. Just my thoughts.

You know , that what i was thinking
The Droids always had TIOMAP CPUs in em , sorta like tradition

At first , I was sad to know that it won't have Tegra 2 CPU (I really like the Tegra Zone & the THD games)
Then , The New CPU growed on me & I started researching it & getting information about , & now this

I don't know what to think or like any more !!!

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Who knows which one it has at this point. It could be Tegra 2 or it still may ship, here at least, with the new TI OMAP dual core. Until we get a press release from Motorola on what to expect from the US version who knows what we could end up with. The Milestone version, or international version, should ship in this current form.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I still think that the Droid 3 or Milestone 3 has the TI OMAP processor and the pictures from the China announcement are wrong. This has happened from time to time. Everything that we have heard, at least what I can remember, has pointed to the OMAP as being the processor of choice. Until we get another leak of info, or even the official info released I guess we can go with the Tegra 2 for now. It is not a bad processor choice, especially from a graphics standpoint, but it would be nice to see another dual-core beast out there, adding more choice in the dual-core market.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
F150 you are right. I was looking at the screenshot and noticed the Droid X2 doing bad compared to all the other dual cored phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware