What we know about the Droid 3 ? (Updated with Official Spec.s)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: What we know about the Droid 3 ?

What do you need, a .50 caliber on a Humvee or something else. Carriers, those sons of a . . . well you know they drag you down every time. If he didn't sign a contract or has a contract that lapsed he shouldn't have any issues. Is he leaving for another carrier (say Verizon to lock into the unlimited) or Sprint, etc. You can PM me if you need help or post here I will be glad to help either way.

Reactions: double0droid

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

What do you need, a .50 caliber on a Humvee or something else. Carriers, those sons of a . . . well you know they drag you down every time. If he didn't sign a contract or has a contract that lapsed he shouldn't have any issues. Is he leaving for another carrier (say Verizon to lock into the unlimited) or Sprint, etc. You can PM me if you need help or post here I will be glad to help either way.
Raptor,
Thank you for your help and again I apologize for handling it here, I just didn't want it to ask those who I have not tried to help. What happened was he was with VZ, left to try TMO on their 59.99 special rate. The issue was he uses more then 2GB of data. First tried to get MSA data level on account. unsuccessful, no discount was given on monthly service. After he decided to go back to Verizon he ported the numbers and received a final bill. I have seen a scan of the bill it clearly states EM+ as the rate plan. I know for a fact that he did not have service with them before.
After receiving the first bill called and got it credited, paid the usage charge. he did use the service for a mth. then yesterday he reached out to me and asked for help as for some reason they removed the credit. Now he is getting this strange comments like it is a special even more plus plan that does put you in a contract.
I don't know how to help besides reaching out to the community with my support.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

If he canceled within their allowed window of time, paid his bill in full and ported his numbers he should be good to go. As for any ETF's I would encourage him to go directly to the store he dealt with and get a manager and bring along his bill, notes etc. I have found that Verizon CS reps have been really good at helping me on the phone, BUT, sometimes you just have to go face to face to get a resolution. It sounds to me that T-Mo is trying to keep anyone from dropping no matter what, and fortunately that's not his problem he has a right to move on. I do have to ask, did he return any equipment that was purchased with everything included, no rebates applied or anything else that would cause them to charge him?

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

If he canceled within their allowed window of time, paid his bill in full and ported his numbers he should be good to go. As for any ETF's I would encourage him to go directly to the store he dealt with and get a manager and bring along his bill, notes etc. I have found that Verizon CS reps have been really good at helping me on the phone, BUT, sometimes you just have to go face to face to get a resolution. It sounds to me that T-Mo is trying to keep anyone from dropping no matter what, and fortunately that's not his problem he has a right to move on. I do have to ask, did he return any equipment that was purchased with everything included, no rebates applied or anything else that would cause them to charge him?
I would like to thank the community, on behalf of my friend. He was able to get the corporate rep to agree he was in the right and at this time the credits have been added to his account again and he has been told it is final.
Raptor to answer your question there was no equipment, I know him from that he had purchased a MT4G from me for his girlfriend. Really all TMO provided was 2 sim cards.
Thank again to the community for re-tweeting his call for help. On an unrelated note I do not have an exact date but my source has told me that the D3 is coming soon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Glad to hear it went well. On to the local news, it seems that Gameloft has added the D3 to their list of supported phones as I have read today. So with any luck that means we are closer. I would like Verizon to push it out before the 7/7 date but we all know they want the current phones to get sold for the lock in and the D3 and Bionic buyers who do not have unlimited data prior will be very unhappy long term.

For me I am really leaning towards the D3, more so that when ICS comes out next spring on Verizon I can get a phone that does not require buttons and will have serious upgrades associated. We also know those will be 4G LTE and likely the 2nd gen LTE.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

When using it I did miss the lte of my charge. Beyond that it was an amazing device. Think you will have the same issue? Lte is addictive.

Lsx346

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

i got a thunderbolt last week and LTE just turned on yesterday in my area and surprisingly it penetrates the walls of my house unlike tmobile or sprint. i have 3 more weeks so i can switch to the D3 (bought at best buy) so im all good.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

For me it all depends on what type of hardware the Bionic will be sporting. There is a thread in the Bionic forum that someone is saying that they have the training material for both the Droid 3 and the Bionic, I think it was for both anyway. He stated that the Bionic will be coming with 1 GB RAM and a TI OMAP 4440/4460 chip. This chip is an even bigger beast than the 4430 that is supposed be coming in the Droid 3. Depending on the rest of the specs and what Verizon wants to price this at will help me make my decision. Who knows though. We could see a flood of information very soon since they are both rumored to be launching next month.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I still have 3-6 months before LTE his my market or it could be tomorrow you never really know. If I had LTE today I would likely be hard pressed to move down, but, IF the Bionic specs are truly HOT and blow me away I would go that route. I have grown tired of the android arms race, its time to pick one and live for a while.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

For me it all depends on what type of hardware the Bionic will be sporting. There is a thread in the Bionic forum that someone is saying that they have the training material for both the Droid 3 and the Bionic, I think it was for both anyway. He stated that the Bionic will be coming with 1 GB RAM and a TI OMAP 4440/4460 chip. This chip is an even bigger beast than the 4430 that is supposed be coming in the Droid 3. Depending on the rest of the specs and what Verizon wants to price this at will help me make my decision. Who knows though. We could see a flood of information very soon since they are both rumored to be launching next month.

Yeah I am following that thread that DaBlackMamba made (our resident Best Buy Mobile guy) and I want to say that he mentioned $299 for Bionic was what they are looking to price it at this point in time. Either way both Bionic and D3 are looking to be great phones. I actually talked to my wife about the D3 because she wants a slider and almost went with an Xperia but showing her D3 changed her mind. So come July we should have a Bionic and D3 in my household if all goes according to plan.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The global part is what likely killed off the LTE option. It has appeal to business users and those who travel, but the fact its locked down and you can't use a T-MO or ATT SIM (although why would you). I would like LTE, but I am also a realist that LTE for me is more about 2012 phones and 2011 phones. I want real super smartphones, 720p displays, ICS OS, quad core processors and battery life with 2nd Gen LTE chipsets. I don't want the crap that has been rolling out this year so Verizon could get suckers to buy into LTE and get stuck with them for 2 years.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Hi guys ,
I've found some "software things" in the leaked Droid 3 user guide :

- There is a new Music Player , which looks like a new version of Motorola's "Connected Music Player"
- There is a new Camera\Gallery app , different than the stock one or the MOTOBLUR version
- The phone will come with 2.3 outta the box , buy they didn't say what version
- The HDMI cable is probably "sold separately" since that what they said in the PDF , but I guess it will be easier to find than the HML cable (like the one in the EVO 3D , Sensation & SGS II)
- The DROID 3 have "MIRROR MODE" , but CAN'T play DRM-protected files in this mode

One more thing ,
I reed some where that Motorola's UI is now called "Motorola Platform Application" instead of "MOTOBLUR"

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for posting this. My hope is we get 2.3.4, and I see no reason why we shouldn't at this late in the year. But it's Moto so we should expect 2.3.3, but it better be 2.3.4.

Since I have the Charge and will be selling it I have content I got from the Samsung Media store, I have their media app .apk file so I "should" be able to install it on my Moto and play the videos still or are they no useless? Not a big deal they were free with the $25 promo coupon that was with the phone.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

One more thing ,
I reed some where that Motorola's UI is now called "Motorola Platform Application" instead of "MOTOBLUR"

The version of Blur used on the Droid devices has always been referred to as the Motorola Application Platform. This version doesn't have the back end Blur services like additional social networking account sync and remote wipe, so you don't have to create a Blur account to use the phone. :)

Motorola IS moving away from the the Blur name in terms of general public awareness. It makes sense as Blur's a pretty damaged brand IMO.

It also obviously looks different than the traditional Blur you'd find on the CLIQ or Defy.

Personally I'm torn between this or waiting God knows how long for SGS II...the waiting...it kills.

Last edited:

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I will admit that the Galaxy S II is a really great device and it is very tempting. I am still hoping that both the Droid 3 and the Bionic perform up to their expectations and beyond. I still plan on going with one of these devices. Here's hoping for some reviews and hands-on videos soon, for both.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I will admit that the Galaxy S II is a really great device and it is very tempting. I am still hoping that both the Droid 3 and the Bionic perform up to their expectations and beyond. I still plan on going with one of these devices. Here's hoping for some reviews and hands-on videos soon, for both.

I agree, reviews and hands on will be my ultimate decision maker

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Just looking at some of the nit-picky bits, I'm a little bummed it only has a VGA FFC. I know res isn't everything to an imager, but I've never seen a VGA based imager that was decent. Even for video chat.

Also, no gyroscope. I'm not too phased by that, but I've read people interested in the whole "augmented reality" thing tend to get upset by that.

-Suntan

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, no gyroscope. I'm not too phased by that, but I've read people interested in the whole "augmented reality" thing tend to get upset by that.

-Suntan

What's the use of a gyroscope in a phone ?
seriously , I'm not being sarcastic or anything like that
I reed about it the other day when Microsoft released the minimum hardware requirements for Windows Phone 7 "Mango" update , but I didn't find anything useful about it

Thanks in advance & much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52