What will it take to get you interested in a Pixel 4/4XL?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What will it take?

Mmm, to not be more expensive than the Note 10+ I guess.

( at release here in the real world the 3XL was £30 more than my release day Note 9)

Why anyone would choose a mediocre device at more expensive than the Note is confusing.

I did pick up a 3XL later in the year to play with. Mid range with good camera software describes it best.

If the 4XL is finally worth it's price tag versus the competition, I will probably get one at release.

Last edited:

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I only use reviews as a guide to features

Same. If I read phone reviews before making a purchase, I’ll read several from quality sites like TechRadar, Android Central/Authority etc to see what the common praises and complaints are. But at the end of the day I’ll make my decision based on what I want from a phone, because I value some features over others.

If the Pixel 4 leaks had shown a wide angle camera on the rear and a bigger battery, I would be more interested. Right now I’m content to sit back and observe how everything goes.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't mind the top bezel. In fact I prefer it if it means fitting in more stuff so no excuse for not having an RGB NLED and 3.5mm jack (although I know both are gone for good).

I hope the XL isn't too big (max 6.1"). If it is I hope they don't needlessy cripple the smaller one.

If OLED then I'll only be insterested if it has DC dimming as I'm sensitive to PWM at lower frequencies.

If it only has two rear cameras, then I would like one of them to be wide-angle.

Also, must have dual-sim (real sims) functionality.

If it's priced at current flagship levels then also: + UFS 3.0, USB 3.1, 90hz display.

Personal preferences: IR Blaster, side mounted fingerprint scanner (like the S10e).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I will have to wait and see if I will become interested. It looks okay thus far but I want to wait and see before I make any preliminary judgements.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, I know it will be bigger. I was just dreaming of my ideal phone :)

I'm more interested in the smaller one, not to save money but I just prefer comfortable single-handed usage.

Lol...I’m more interested in the larger Pixel 4 XL as current rumours point to a tiny battery for the 4. However, an ideal screen size for me would be 5.8-6 inches with slim bezels (like on the S9) or 6.1-3 inches for an all screen phone (e.g OnePlus 6T).

Phones with massive or (now) tiny displays like the iPhone 8, OnePlus 7 Pro and Note 10+ don’t come across my mind when hunting for a new phone no matter how good they are (latter two) because I know it’ll be difficult for me to use it in my everyday life.

Bit a shame, because the OP 7 Pro looks awesome.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
What's getting me interested is it sounds like the Note 10's camera, like previous Samsung phones, still struggles indoors with moving objects, such as kids or dogs. Anecdotally at least, I've heard a number of people say the Pixel does a much better job. It would be helpful if the Pixel is finally on AT&T though, so I can utilize my NEXT program.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
What's getting me interested is it sounds like the Note 10's camera, like previous Samsung phones, still struggles indoors with moving objects, such as kids or dogs. Anecdotally at least, I've heard a number of people say the Pixel does a much better job. It would be helpful if the Pixel is finally on AT&T though, so I can utilize my NEXT program.

My personal experience of Samsung phones’ autofocus is that it’s really fast and can take great snapshots of moving objects even indoors. However, the amount of users saying that the Pixel 3 is superior leads me to believe that the point and shoot abilities of the Pixel 3 phones are even better.

I don’t believe it’s a case of Samsung’s indoor photography of moving objects is poor...rather one of the Pixel 3’s being really good.