What's your favorite thing about your Android phone?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine is the Note 20 Ultra and I come from the iPhone 10.
Do you know what I just did?
Updated without Wi-Fi 😁😁😁
I'm currently camping in the middle of nowhere in NM and my phone software just updated in minutes.
Only ex Apple users will understand how refreshing that is 🤣

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel camera. Taking pictures with it is one of the main things I look forward to on trips.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What a great thread! Thank you so much for posting. My favourite thing about using my Android phone - which is true regardless of which Android phone I use - is the ability to customize my experience with not only wallpapers; but fonts, icon packs, themes, launchers, and ringtones per contact. I love the freedom Android gives to users.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I agree. Customisation is my absolute favourite thing. Kwgt packs are my addiction, and I am loving the updated version of Niagara Launcher which I have followed since its creation. I love it that my android phones are mine and look like mine and feel like mine.

I love how fast my phone is and the range of apps. I love my pixel camera to bits and all the wonderful cat pictures I can take.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
Favorite thing about Android phone. That it can talk with my Windows device (USB). Great for transferring music, pictures - fast, easy.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I also love Android due to the customisation options available. I love trying different themes, icons and fonts. It never gets stale.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't pick a favorite one thing. I like having my phone, chromebook, and Google Home devices linked. I like having the Android apps to keep my schedule, my shopping and other lists, my contacts, and, of course, Google Maps. I'm mostly deaf and don't use the phone but I do enjoy messaging.

But my favorite is the Sony Experia photo pro software that drives the camera.

DigbyTheDog

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure what my favourite thing is about my Android. I also love customizing it and how easily it connects with other devices. I like that Google and my Google devices are compatible with both Apple and Android - the same can't be said for Apple devices and services.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a Note 20 Ultra and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I switch between the two while trying to decide which to make my DD. From all that I have read in this thread, I think I agree with the Android flexibility over the iPhone. Thanks all.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Where to start...

That it doesn't insist on managing your files for you.

That you can plug it in as an external hard drive without any fuss, and can simply manipulate folders like a PC.

That it can work with a variety of operating systems and doesn't demand you be in the applesphere for full functionality.

I will give Apple credit for amazing cameras, but never again - 18 miserable months with an iPhone 3s was enough to drive me to Android forever....

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I may have said this before on one of these forums before. I like Do Not Disturb, guest mode and bigger internal storage space. I also like that I can shake my phone to turn on the flashlight and twist my phone right or left to open my camera along with a few more Moto actions. I can also place three fingers on my phone to screenshot what is in my phone screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I may have said this before on one of these forums before. I like Do Not Disturb, guest mode and bigger internal storage space. I also like that I can shake my phone to turn on the flashlight and twist my phone right or left to open my camera along with a few more Moto actions. I can also place three fingers on my phone to screenshot what is in my phone screen.

Moto is a very intuitive device line! The shaking of the phone to open up the flashlight is a pretty cool feature.

I also love Do Not Disturb!

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging through a Otterbox case. The poor USB port on it is probably so happy. Flipside, I hate not being able to replace the battery myself. One reason I went Android when I first got a smart phone back in 2011 with the HTC Thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid