Whatsapp calls not ringing when phone sleeping

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

We have 3 Redmi phones 8T, 9 Pro and 11.

None of them sound a ring notification for incoming WhatsApp calls if the phone has been sleeping. If we pick up phone shows missed call.

Spent hours trying to resolve but nothing seems to work.

Still within 14 days to return Redmi Note 11 and buy another make.

Wondering whether other Redmi users experience the same issue and have a solution

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

It sounds like your app is sleeping. I know you said it happens when the phone is sleeping but actually if the apps are not generating notifications when the phone is sleeping or awake and the app is not opened it is most likely that the app is sleeping.

Open your settings menu. In the search bar type "sleep", in the results go to Sleeping Apps. I don't know Redmi phones well enough to give you the step by step way of getting there but as long as you can find it the steps should be the same regardless of brand or model. Look for your app in the list of apps that have been put to sleep and remove it from the list.

If you do not find WhatsApp in the Sleeping App list check the Deep Sleeping App's list and remove it from there.

To prevent the app from ending up on the list again look to see if you have a Never Sleeping App's list and add the app to that list.

Again I'm not familiar with Redmi but I am familiar with Samsung that has a bad habit of putting everything to sleep. There's a good chance that it happened automatically but there is also a chance that, like me, you received a little notification that said something was running in the background and asked if you would like to put that thing to sleep. Again like me you may have thought this a temporary thing or a just this time thing only to later find out that no, it meant that the app was going to be added to the sleeping apps list never to return.

Let us know what you find. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I've found that not all notifications make a sound if the media volume is set to zero. Some do, some don't, but it does seem quite random at times.

I initially assumed it was a change made with Android 12 because all worked ok prior to the update. But at the same time as 12 arrived I was updated to MIUI13. So a bit of confusion here.

WhatsApp notification are NOT affected in my case but increase your media volume to check.

Sent from my [Redmi Note 10 Pro] using AC Forums mobile app

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
We have 3 Redmi phones 8T, 9 Pro and 11.

None of them sound a ring notification for incoming WhatsApp calls if the phone has been sleeping. If we pick up phone shows missed call.

Spent hours trying to resolve but nothing seems to work.

Still within 14 days to return Redmi Note 11 and buy another make.

Wondering whether other Redmi users experience the same issue and have a solution

Let us know if you still have the issue. Creating a username is simple and harmless (generally $500,000 or less) :)

Similar to dangerousfen, I have a Mi 10 and a Poco F2 both on MIUI 13, and there are settings you can find that may help.

I only recently installed WhatsApp to message somebody but haven't received calls that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non