When are they going to make the next version of the Nexus 7?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I really want a replacement! but current tabs of the same form factor have similar specs and similar prizes (or lower specs, aka 720p screens intead of 1080p screens).
Perhaps you should consider the nVidia Shield Tablet K1. Take a look at http://www.anandtech.com/show/9771/best-tablets - I think you'll find it a good replacement for the Nexus 7 (2013), and although it probably won't get Android 7.0 neither will the Nexus 7.

You're right that there's been no information about a new Nexus tablet, which is unfortunate - I've been hoping for one of those as well, although fortunately there's nothing wrong with my Nexus 7. I was watching for the replacement to the Shield K1, but the X1 was pulled from the FCC so who knows what's going on at nVidia.

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you do much research before you got them? I'm wondering how they compare to something like the nVidia Shield Tablet K1.

What OS are they currently running?

Yes I did.

I'm not familiar with the Shield except I always hear people saying good things about it. The Samsung's have the best super sharp and bright amoled screens and they are the lightest.

They've got the Android 6 on them now. I'm not at all impressed with the 6. I hope they get the 7 soon. There are online directions for getting the beta 7 right now but I haven't done that.

Last edited: