When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Umm?
View attachment 262717

My local Apple store is in one of our malls. The 7 launch brought in over 1000 people before 6 a.m. when the mall opened for the launch. This is not somewhere like New York, London etc. This is a suburb in Michigan and one of 3 Apple stores within 30 minutes of each other.
Sorry, they look like idiots. I say the same thing about black Friday shoppers. I walked by a Apple store last Saturday and there was a lot of blue shirts standing around at the door waiting to jump new customers walking in.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, they look like idiots. I say the same thing about black Friday shoppers. I walked by a Apple store last Saturday and there was a lot of blue shirts standing around at the door waiting to jump new customers walking in.

They absolutely look like idiots, or like cattle being herd. I wouldnt say people dont line up anymore though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do they look like idiots? Sorry but if Samsung had stores like Apple I guarantee you people would line up to get the next Galaxy versus the pre-order / shipping tracking madeness people do.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why do they look like idiots? Sorry but if Samsung had stores like Apple I guarantee you people would line up to get the next Galaxy versus the pre-order / shipping tracking madeness people do.
They would look like idiots also. Notice I did say I say the same thing about black Friday shoppers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They would look like idiots also. Notice I did say I say the same thing about black Friday shoppers.
I guess I'm lost on being idiots for grabbing an item that you want. I mean I wouldn't camp for days but waiting an hour or whatever before a store opens.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Im not sure about that. Ive got 4 Best Buys near me and when the 8 and 8+ launched, there were maybe 15-20 people in the Samsung Experience section to get the phone. I didnt preorder my 8+ and decide at like 10:30 a.m. I was going to try it out. I walked right into T-Mobile and had my choice of color. When I was on iPhone I would have to wait weeks if not months for the new phone. I havent ever waited for a Samsung including the Note 7.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm lost on being idiots for grabbing an item that you want. I mean I wouldn't camp for days but waiting an hour or whatever before a store opens.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Most people in those lines wait at least 6 hours. Thats absurd for something you could preorder.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it really that important to stand in line for hours for a phone. Maybe it is, but I think your a ***** if you do. I just order it and it comes when it comes, maybe to some I'm an *****. 😂

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure about that. Ive got 4 Best Buys near me and when the 8 and 8+ launched, there were maybe 15-20 people in the Samsung Experience section to get the phone. I didnt preorder my 8+ and decide at like 10:30 a.m. I was going to try it out. I walked right into T-Mobile and had my choice of color. When I was on iPhone I would have to wait weeks if not months for the new phone. I havent ever waited for a Samsung including the Note 7.
Most customers order through their carriers .. a lot of people don't realize Bestbuy is an option for buying a phone. Also Bestbuy only covers some carriers.. not all.

Having a dedicated name brand store that has been well advertised and been around for awhile helps ;).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it really that important to stand in line for hours for a phone. Maybe it is, but I think your a ***** if you do. I just order it and it comes when it comes, maybe to some I'm an *****. 😂
It is for some. I am sure there are things you do or buy that some would say the same about you.. so why bash others ? If they want to do that so be it.. you don't. That doesn't make someone an ***** though.. simply by having different preferences.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It is for some. I am sure there are things you do or buy that some would say the same about you.. so why bash others ? If they want to do that so be it.. you don't. That doesn't make someone an ***** though.. simply by having different preferences.
It's my opinion, it's OK. And if someone thinks I'm an ***** for what I buy, who cares, I don't..

It's my opinion, I am not going to apologize for my opinion. I didn't directly call anyone a idi *T in the forums.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Most customers order through their carriers .. a lot of people don't realize Bestbuy is an option for buying a phone. Also Bestbuy only covers some carriers.. not all.

Having a dedicated name brand store that has been well advertised and been around for awhile helps ;).

Even still, The At&t, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile stores are all within a couple blocks of Best Buy and they werent any busier than they would be today. When I walked into T-Mobile at 10:30 that morning I was the only person there and they said I was the first one to come in and look at the S8 series. I didnt see anyone having issues getting either S8 model due to lack of inventory.

Theres a Samsung Store in Fl that I know of and I cant find any news articles at all about launch day for the S8.

I think it has alot to do with the amount of Android phones whereas Apple has 1 phone in 2 variants. Android has a massive amount of brands and options that release throughout the year so its not as big as a deal when a new one releases. iPhones release once a year and you get 2 choices.

Maybe calling them idiots is a bit much but I surely wouldnt wait 6+ hours to get a phone I could order online.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Even still, The At&t, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile stores are all within a couple blocks of Best Buy and they werent any busier than they would be today. When I walked into T-Mobile at 10:30 that morning I was the only person there and they said I was the first one to come in and look at the S8 series.

Theres a Samsung Store in Fl that I know of and I cant find any news articles at all about launch day for the S8.

I think it has alot to do with the amount of Android phones whereas Apple has 1 phone in 2 variants. Android has a massive amount of brands and options that release throughout the year so its not as big as a deal when a new one releases. iPhones release once a year and you get 2 choices.

Maybe calling them idiots is a bit much but I surely wouldnt wait 6+ hours to get a phone I could order online.
So you knew how every single store was before it opened and examined every line or possible scenario?.. sorry that doesn't sound reasonable.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So you knew how every single store was before it opened and examined every line or possible scenario?.. sorry that doesn't sound reasonable.

Theres a strip of all our carrier stores, then Best Buy then MicroCenter. You have to pass them all to get to one. I knew how the At&t store was because I went there for a Pelican case (only place that sells them). They were dead. I went to T-Mobile to get my phone, and Best Buy to get a Gear VR. The Verizon and Sprint store use the same parking lot and its 50 feet from T-Mobile. It was empty. A friend of mine is the manager at the Best Buy 10 minutes up the road and I called him when my local Best Buy hadnt got the VR in yet to see if he had any. He found me a VR at a store another 20 minutes away.

In both Best Buys there was hardly anyone there. T-Mobile had nobody, literally just me. At&t had maybe 4 people in there and none were looking at the S8 from what I recall.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
People dont line up for Androids. If you do a search for any Android phone or android in general about release days you will struggle to find a news article showing crowds. The only phone I remember being hard to get is the Pixel and thats because you had to go to Verizon. If I search for any version of the iPhone, I find dozens of articles of mass lines waiting for carriers, Best Buy and Apple stores to open.

I worked at Best Buy for many years and still have alot of friends that work and manage there and I have never seen a line for an android phone like I have the iPhones. Never did we have to come into work at 11p.m. the night before for an Android like we did for iPhone launches. Even in the states that have Samsung stores, none of them have articles depicting lines for new products.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Theres a strip of all our carrier stores, then Best Buy then MicroCenter. You have to pass them all to get to one. I knew how the At&t store was because I went there for a Pelican case (only place that sells them). They were dead. I went to T-Mobile to get my phone, and Best Buy to get a Gear VR. The Verizon and Sprint store use the same parking lot and its 50 feet from T-Mobile. It was empty. A friend of mine is the manager at the Best Buy 10 minutes up the road and I called him when my local Best Buy hadnt got the VR in yet to see if he had any. He found me a VR at a store another 20 minutes away.

In both Best Buys there was hardly anyone there. T-Mobile had nobody, literally just me. At&t had maybe 4 people in there and none were looking at the S8 from what I recall.
Ah so you knew how those were and not others. Okay that makes more sense :p.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ah so you knew how those were and not others. Okay that makes more sense :p.

Yes, and the ones that happen to be the most heavily populated stores in my area. They are the first ones outside of Detroit and in the Center of 2 of our major malls.

The Best Buy I went to had a line around the building when the 6S came out (I drive past it everyday for work). Its also the store that gets on the news every black friday because people literally start waiting outside 2 weeks before black friday in freezing weather. Its insane. There is a family that gets interviewed every year because they bring tents, grills, mattresses etc.

Like I said, maybe idiots is a bit much but even with dedicated Samsung stores, you jut dont see the same crowds or excitement that you do for Apple and the only thing I can figure out is the mass amount of varying androids that release throughout the year. Theres a reason theres no news articles about crowds for any Samsung release in the US. This years Note could be the first phone I cant get on launch day without pre-ordering because of last years debacle.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and the ones that happen to be the most heavily populated stores in my area. They are the first ones outside of Detroit and in the Center of 2 of our major malls.

The Best Buy I went to had a line around the building when the 6S came out (I drive past it everyday for work). Its also the store that gets on the news every black friday because people literally start waiting outside 2 weeks before black friday in freezing weather. Its insane. There is a family that gets interviewed every year because they bring tents, grills, mattresses etc.

Like I said, maybe idiots is a bit much but even with dedicated Samsung stores, you jut dont see the same crowds or excitement that you do for Apple and the only thing I can figure out is the mass amount of varying androids that release throughout the year. Theres a reason theres no news articles about crowds for any Samsung release in the US. This years Note could be the first phone I cant get on launch day without pre-ordering because of last years debacle.
Dedicated Samsung stores? You mean a dedicated section in another store and it has no front facing sign outside the store? Lol. Yeah totally the same :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia