Where can I buy a store sold unlocked HTC 10

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm visiting the US and looking to buy an HTC 10 since it's a lot cheaper here than in my home country. But no store wants to sell it to me without some contract binding me to their service here in the US when I wanna use it in Europe. Does anyone know a store that sells the outright unlocked version in the Los Angeles area? I'd rather not order it online since I'm not a citizen which might not allow me to pick it up (at least that's what my dad is telling me).

Best regards, sirdouchestocking

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of. Physical stores I believe only stock the carrier models. You can buy them without contract at Best buy but they would be sim locked to the carrier unless you buy the Verizon version. Although the Verizon version has Verizon additions.

If you want the unlocked version, you will need to buy online.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're in town for a few days you could always order it from HTC (or whoever else sells it online) and ship it to your hotel in L.A., or wherever you're staying. I don't think HTC really gouges you for express shipping.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
If you can't pick one up while you are hear. You can always try using a VPN and connecting to an IP based in the United States. Then order it from the US online store and ship it to your home.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Buy it outright from a carrier then request an unlock =)

This will be the easiest way to do it. Make sure it is AT&T or T-Mobile. From my understanding the rest of the world is on a GSM network. A CDMA unit will not work because it doesn't require a sim card. Don't buy from Sprint of Verizon.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I went to both of those stores, neither wanted to sell it to me without a binding contract. So what can I do?

How about you get it prepaid? Or Pay-as-you-go?

So that way you'd own the device, you'd have an account with them but no contract, so you can cancel anytime.

Try Verizon, their devices are factory unlocked ;)

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
But the 10, 9, 8 all have micro Sims and are GSM capable. Once you get the phone HTC will help unlock it I believe. They used to.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I went to both of those stores, neither wanted to sell it to me without a binding contract. So what can I do?

Does anyone in your family living in the US have Amazon Prime? If so you can buy an international version and use it when you get home. And if you buy it that way you can have it delivered in 2 days.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This will be the easiest way to do it. Make sure it is AT&T or T-Mobile. From my understanding the rest of the world is on a GSM network. A CDMA unit will not work because it doesn't require a sim card. Don't buy from Sprint of Verizon.
The Verizon variant does absolutely have a sim card and it is also factory sim unlocked,the only usa carrier to do so. All the other carriers sell them sim locked though you can get them unlocked for free if you meet the requirements.

You have to get a GSM phone! Don't think Verizon or Sprint are GSM based......

Verizon isn't gsm based but it does have gsm radios. Of course you would still need to ensure that whichever model you get has the bands needed for your carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg