Where did my pics go? (LG-Stylus 2 Plus)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I imported my pictures and videos to my PC in the morning, because I needed more space. At night I got home, I'm checking the folders, but many of my videos and pics are missing. They just disappeared, I don't know if it's something wrong with my PC or it's my phone.
The pics were saved internal and sd card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you do the import -- was it the Import Photo/Videos feature of Windows Explorer? I avoid using that, since it's indiscriminant, importing cached images that apps use, as well as thumbnails, so there's often a lot of extra junk. You also don't have any fine control over what you're copying over. It's better to manually select your photos and drag/drop them to the computer.

Are the missing photos/videos all from the same location (i.e., internal storage vs SD card)?

M T P

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, import feature of windows Explorer. A few months ago, it happened the same, (But last time I did copy and paste every FOLDER),and some pictures disappeared, almost all the recent ones. So, I'm thinking that maybe something's wrong with my PC.
No, all the pics missing were in both locations.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a giant batch copy? There might be more risk of data error when you copy over a huge amount of data at a time -- I recall experiencing that a while ago. See what happens if you break it up into smaller batches.

M T P

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yes, about 3GB. I already recovered some pictures and videos from the SD card, and using some apps from the phone. I'm thinking that maybe I should get a 64GB card, so I won't need to transfer files to my computer, but what if I need it? do they will disappear all the time?