Where is all the love?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised that most of what gets posted here is complaints.

Where's all of the positive threads at?

Are people in general not happy about the s6?

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The posts in these forums with issues are not necessarily indicative of the overall feelings about the device. Some of the users are coming from non-Android platforms and aren't aware or accustomed to the customization options that include device management where more of the control is in the hands of the user. In addition, some expect that a device is absolutely flawless out of the box in terms of performance not realizing that an app or OS issue in combination with their device setup and carrier issue leads to frustration. Some don't have experience as early adopters and bugs can cause them to upset as well. One of the great things about the forums is that we share issues and solutions.

That said, my device is one of the best smartphones that I have ever owned. It is as fast and smooth as when I got it on launch day.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is unbelievable on so many levels. Best Display, Best Camera, nice materials. The reason people complain about the S6 is because it's so close to being perfect yet it still has some really annoying software issues namely RAM management and battery standby optimization problems. Theoretically these issues could be solved via one solitary Samsung update, but the waiting game is enough to drive people crazy causing them to complain about their devices or get them to switch to another flagship.

On one hand I think S6 users have a right to complain considering how expensive these top of the line devices are, on the other hand this is tech and its a constant act of balancing updates and innovation.

Personally, I wouldn't swap the S6 for any phone on the market right now, after all it's just one update away from being "perfect" .

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The S6 is unbelievable on so many levels. Best Display, Best Camera, nice materials. The reason people complain about the S6 is because it's so close to being perfect yet it still has some really annoying software issues namely RAM management and battery standby optimization problems. Theoretically these issues could be solved via one solitary Samsung update, but the waiting game is enough to drive people crazy causing them to complain about their devices or get them to switch to another flagship.

On one hand I think S6 users have a right to complain considering how expensive these top of the line devices are, on the other hand this is tech and its a constant act of balancing updates and innovation.

Personally, I wouldn't swap the S6 for any phone on the market right now, after all it's just one update away from being "perfect" .

dreaming of electric sheep
Hardware defects no doubt that there should be complaints as those are visible and should absolutely have been caught by quality control. Absent cell standby and RAM management issues that could possibly be addressed by an update, there are some issues that are driven by user habits/device setup and the apps installed. These can also be in concert with carrier network and whatever skin or tweaks that they add prior to retail sale. These forums also provide a great opportunity to consult those whose experience far exceeds store personnel, no disrespect intended, so the users don't have to spend a ton of time back in the store or on the phone.

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Love my s6. Best device i have owned to date. Also get upset that there is so much negativity. Suppose the happy owners are out there enjoying there devices

Posted via the Android Central App

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Usually, people who post are looking for help with problems. This results in a feel that people are unhappy with the device. I like mine quite a bit.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The two biggest issues this phone has is battery drain and memory management.

Other than that, its a great phone.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Most people make threads looking for some sort of help to alleviate an issue or curiosity. You can only say how good is the camera, screen, design and overall experience but so many ways even though we've found a million problems with the battery. Maybe there should be a general, theme/app and issue/troubleshooting subforum.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My problem with the S6 is not the S6. It is Lollipop. I don't like it at all, I think Google made a freaking mess out of what used to be a great OS. I don't like the direction that Google appears to be taking with it and the fact that there are so many new issues with Lollipop and that Google doesn't appear to be in any hurry to fix them. I'm going to give them about three months to get this all worked out and fixed but if there doesn't seem to be any movement in that time I will likely switch to an iPhone. This after having used Android since Éclair.

I shouldn't have to wait until Android M which may be almost a year before it ends up getting pushed to the S6. They need to provide fixes for some very basic issues ASAP. Memory leaks and RAM management issues are serious enough problems that we users deserve to get them pushed to our EXPENSIVE devices as quickly as possible. I paid a lot of money for this phone, having bought it outright, and I expected more from it.

I understand that it is really not Samsung's fault but Verizon and Samsung got a lot of money from me for this phone and someone at both of those places needs to understand that they are getting very close to losing a customer. I've owned a lot of Samsung phones but as much as Samsung put into this phone, they should be hammering on Google to get this right.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S6 last week. It's been great for me. I can very safely last 1 full day without recharging. My phone is unlocked, not T-Mobile though. The camera is great, fast and responsive. Screen is excellent.

And most of all, I love the Topaz BLUE!!!

You asked where's all the love: I don't think the folks on the forum is a bunch of "Oh I love Android, I love Galaxy" fanatics....which is good otherwise, comments become too one-sided.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My problem with the S6 is not the S6. It is Lollipop. I don't like it at all, I think Google made a freaking mess out of what used to be a great OS. I don't like the direction that Google appears to be taking with it and the fact that there are so many new issues with Lollipop and that Google doesn't appear to be in any hurry to fix them. I'm going to give them about three months to get this all worked out and fixed but if there doesn't seem to be any movement in that time I will likely switch to an iPhone. This after having used Android since Éclair.

I shouldn't have to wait until Android M which may be almost a year before it ends up getting pushed to the S6. They need to provide fixes for some very basic issues ASAP. Memory leaks and RAM management issues are serious enough problems that we users deserve to get them pushed to our EXPENSIVE devices as quickly as possible. I paid a lot of money for this phone, having bought it outright, and I expected more from it.

I understand that it is really not Samsung's fault but Verizon and Samsung got a lot of money from me for this phone and someone at both of those places needs to understand that they are getting very close to losing a customer. I've owned a lot of Samsung phones but as much as Samsung put into this phone, they should be hammering on Google to get this right.

+1000

While some may have legitimate issues that are from Samsung, for most people, it is lollipop that is the huge issue and will effect all phones that have it. As I've started in the past, lollipop was rushed. It's full of bugs and I agree that Google is in no rush to fix it. This clearly is the worst Android operating system I've also ever used, but thankfully I'm not grossly effected by it like some are. I also don't think that we will get any true relief until M. I'm also not too sure about jumping ship to Apple as they also have their own issues that could upset people just as fast as Android, and with all the updates this year is still not perfect.

As far as Samsung ******** to Google about how bad the software is, why just them? Why does LG, Lenovo/Motorola, HTC, Asus, and many others get a pass? And why don't you think that the manufacturers have already said something to them?

Regardless of what you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck. I hope that issues get fixed, but it's not like Apple won't have their own. But this is clearly the worst Android I've also used.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The posts in these forums with issues are not necessarily indicative of the overall feelings about the device. Some of the users are coming from non-Android platforms and aren't aware or accustomed to the customization options that include device management where more of the control is in the hands of the user. In addition, some expect that a device is absolutely flawless out of the box in terms of performance not realizing that an app or OS issue in combination with their device setup and carrier issue leads to frustration. Some don't have experience as early adopters and bugs can cause them to upset as well. One of the great things about the forums is that we share issues and solutions.

That said, my device is one of the best smartphones that I have ever owned. It is as fast and smooth as when I got it on launch day.

To expand on this... And some simply have real issues and the above doesn't apply. I agree the forums are best for resolving issues but.. Just because some don't have issues doesn't mean others who do are less experienced or aren't used to being early adopters.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Having used the ip6p note 4, s6, and g4,I can say that the s6 is my favorite with the exception of the screen size

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh I know that some people have problems with their phones, And it's just not the Samsung s6.

I have had good phones and bad phones from many different oems, but that doesn't mean that a forum needs to be 1 sided either.

I also know that there are many who love their phones regardless of who makes it, but here lately, at least on this forum, not a lot of praise is being given for the s6 and I find this very odd.

I had a LG g4 2 weeks ago, and absolutely loved it and saw that many folks had issues and posted about them as expected, but many also posted about the good too.

Look... I know Lolipop has issues, and it effects all Androids it's running on, but unless you have a physical defect in the device that keeps it from being usable there is no reason to not show the phones strengths is there?

I just don't understand why others aren't posting the good and are allowing the negative to set the tone here....

My guess is people are afraid of being seen as a fanboy singing Samsungs praises. I know there has been a lot of that in the past but if what many people have said about this phone is true then why not post about it?

My Active isn't "pretty" to many people, and most of my friends don't recognize it as a s6...but once in their hands it's a totally different scenario.

To me it still is a s6 so I have a Great phone. Can there be improvements? Sure... but it's still a great phone to use. It may not be the gorgeous sister in the family but I love it just as much.

For myself, I think it's time for those who actually like their phones to speak up about them to counter all the negativity, otherwise it gives anyone coming here the wrong impression of just how good these phones really are...And that is no disrespect to those who have problems or different opinions and feel otherwise

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
+1000

While some may have legitimate issues that are from Samsung, for most people, it is lollipop that is the huge issue and will effect all phones that have it. As I've started in the past, lollipop was rushed. It's full of bugs and I agree that Google is in no rush to fix it. This clearly is the worst Android operating system I've also ever used, but thankfully I'm not grossly effected by it like some are. I also don't think that we will get any true relief until M. I'm also not too sure about jumping ship to Apple as they also have their own issues that could upset people just as fast as Android, and with all the updates this year is still not perfect.

As far as Samsung ******** to Google about how bad the software is, why just them? Why does LG, Lenovo/Motorola, HTC, Asus, and many others get a pass? And why don't you think that the manufacturers have already said something to them?

Regardless of what you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck. I hope that issues get fixed, but it's not like Apple won't have their own. But this is clearly the worst Android I've also used.

Yeah but at least when apple notice a bug or problem they push out an update to try to fix it. The updating system of iOS is one of the biggest reasons I still keep switching between my s6 and my 6+

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but at least when apple notice a bug or problem they push out an update to try to fix it. The updating system of iOS is one of the biggest reasons I still keep switching between my s6 and my 6+

Totally agree with you to a point. Sometimes they don't always agree or see the bus you may have, but generally they are great about it.

The only reason I just flat out refuse to use Apple products is because they insist on ripping off their consumers and partnerships all the time. A good example is their new music streaming app. I don't mind that they are giving users 3 months for free, but there is no reason why their partners shouldn't get paid during the 3 months of the free trial...

www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/21/taylor-swift-apple-music_n_7631054.html

Until Apple stops being a total donkey rear end, I just refuse to give them my money. You and Apple's partners deserve better.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my S6. Perfect combination of screen size, speed, and looks. But it is far from perfect. And what I mean is Android 5 aka lollipop. It has basically made my phone useless to use anything extra but the basics. This isn't Sammy's fault. It's Google's.

I know some say it's fantastic for them. That's great! But for some of us, the bugs hit us hard no matter what we do. And this isn't constrained to just the S6. It affects most phones running 5 on every carrier.

So basically our love for this phone is overshadowed by lollipop and it's bugs. M might fix the problems but until then, we are stuck with a phone that's sub par.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my S6. Perfect combination of screen size, speed, and looks. But it is far from perfect. And what I mean is Android 5 aka lollipop. It has basically made my phone useless to use anything extra but the basics. This isn't Sammy's fault. It's Google's.

I know some say it's fantastic for them. That's great! But for some of us, the bugs hit us hard no matter what we do. And this isn't constrained to just the S6. It affects most phones running 5 on every carrier.

So basically our love for this phone is overshadowed by lollipop and it's bugs. M might fix the problems but until then, we are stuck with a phone that's sub par.

Agree right up until "sub par". Relative to competition, it's on par or better but could have been good enough to truly blow the doors off the competition had Samsung taken more,risk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards