Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Straight From the site.

HBO GO is supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad, and requires running an iOS 4.0 or higher. For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3. The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. Some Android devices running version 2.1 - 2.3 are not supported, including Motorola Flipout, Motorola CLIQ XT, Motorola DROID, LG Ally, LG Apex, LG Axis, HTC myTouch 3G, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Motorola CLIQ, Motorola Backflip and eLocity A7.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a million..I hope they take notice.

Well, 2 hours of looking for a work around and I haven't found anything. Hopefully I'll hear back from support soon. I can try to look up the downgrade zip to gingerbread if you must have this app. Just let me know.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No real big deal..Hopefully they will catch up and update the app. for 3.0 and higher. Again..Thanks a billion. Let me know when and if u hear something.

sebastiau

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone verify this update other than me to put some peoples minds at ease about doing this update please.

So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesn't seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. And the Facebook pictures aren't syncing with contacts, GO SMS is also having some problems. Is anyone else having issues?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesn't seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. And the Facebook pictures aren't syncing with contacts, GO SMS is also having some problems. Is anyone else having issues?

Not sure what the issues are with your specific phone, but I was able to turn off vibrate and, all the icons work perfectly when touched on the home screen(s). In fact, I have a Bluetooth app that I use to control the Bluetooth in my car and the icon works without a hitch.

The only question I have is the software version shows Sense at 3.6. Is this what HTC is actually calling Sense 4.0? Or, is their another step up from 3.6 that our leaked version doesn't have?

Sorry to hear you are having issues. But after 3 days on the new software my phone has settled in and is working great.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the issues are with your specific phone, but I was able to turn off vibrate and, all the icons work perfectly when touched on the home screen(s). In fact, I have a Bluetooth app that I use to control the Bluetooth in my car and the icon works without a hitch.

The only question I have is the software version shows Sense at 3.6. Is this what HTC is actually calling Sense 4.0? Or, is their another step up from 3.6 that our leaked version doesn't have?

Sorry to hear you are having issues. But after 3 days on the new software my phone has settled in and is working great.

I don't think sense 4.0 is coming to the amaze yet. It is different from the 4.0 that came with my one s.

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Vibration=settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input>vibrate when typing.

Facebook=settings>accounts &sync> Facebook>sync contacts

You can try deleting the icons and putting them back on the home screen. If that doesn't work try clearing app data (settings>apps>app name>clear data)
Also try just rebooting the phone.

If all else fails you can go to settings>apps>all tab>HTC sense(the one with the clock icon)>clear data. This will reset your launcher to stock so you will have to move your icons and Widgets back manually afterwards.

Last edited:

sebastiau

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Vibration=settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input>vibrate when typing.

Facebook=settings>accounts &sync> Facebook>sync contacts

You can try deleting the icons and putting them back on the home screen. If that doesn't work try clearing app data (settings>apps>app name>clear data)
Also try just rebooting the phone.

If all else fails you can go to settings>apps>all tab>HTC sense(the one with the clock icon)>clear data. This will reset your launcher to stock so you will have to move your icons and Widgets back manually afterwards.

Thanks for the help on the vibration. My phone isn't having problems anymore, seems like its settling in. I'm just wondering if anyone is using GO SMS Pro and can't get the contact photo to appear? I have Facebook photos synced with most contacts, but they don't appear in the app.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Dont know about you guys but I'm loving my Amaze. I was skeptical about ICS. But I must admit..I'm impressed. And this is just the leak. Am I the only one not overly impressed with the latest smartphones. I mean some them are really nice...but I'm not totally miserable that I won't be upgrading for a while.

Kazzxtrismus

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sense 3.6 is all we will get..
Don't worry there are themes to make it look like 4.0 but why bother.. If you hack your phone AOSP will soon be available and MUCH faster without this sense crapware

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Dont know about you guys but I'm loving my Amaze. I was skeptical about ICS. But I must admit..I'm impressed. And this is just the leak. Am I the only one not overly impressed with the latest smartphones. I mean some them are really nice...but I'm not totally miserable that I won't be upgrading for a while.

The newer phones are incremental updates over the Amaze at best. The biggest advantage I see are larger screens like the SGIII's 4.8" screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej