Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the amaze4g but bought out of my contract. I can still get online and use apps with the old sim just no calls. Will I be able to get the official or no? I have checked and it never came over wifi

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
It's working great. To be honest there doesn't seem to be much difference between the official upgrade and the leak. From what I understand..there was supposed to be better battery and reception performance. But I don't see it..Yet. All and all I am very pleased. It's performed very well.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

I updated last night and what I am seeing is that the phone is responding faster than it did with the first leaked update. Everything is stable and am having no issues with any of the Apps. or phone functions.

I am wondering if this update opened up more of the second core, thus the phone is faster and quicker responding to commands. I am not a high tech guy, so certainly don't understand all of that, but it would seem to make sense. Speaking of Sense, I think 3.6 is just fine... no complaints from me. I know some are complaining that we didn't get 4.0 so its time to move to the One S... but for me that is a complete waste of money. I have a feeling that if you put the Amaze and One S side-by-side you would have very little, if any, performance difference.

Knowing that T-Mobile is upgrading the network throughout 2012 - 2013 and newer phones will be coming out to handle the higher network speeds, it was recommended to me by T-Mobile that I hold on to my Amaze for the remainder of 2012. And, go with one of the newer phones that will be capable of handling the higher speeds in late 2012, early 2013. Personally, I think that is very good advise.

Just as an aside, I spoke with the guy that manages my local T-Mobile company store. I have been going to that same store for 7 + years and know all the salespeople there very well. They keep me on the straight and narrow in regards to my phones. All of them said that even with the One S they all feel that the Amaze is still the highest level phone they sell.

Reactions: ChromeJob

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I updated last night and what I am seeing is that the phone is responding faster than it did with the first leaked update. Everything is stable and am having no issues with any of the Apps. or phone functions.

I am wondering if this update opened up more of the second core, thus the phone is faster and quicker responding to commands. I am not a high tech guy, so certainly don't understand all of that, but it would seem to make sense. Speaking of Sense, I think 3.6 is just fine... no complaints from me. I know some are complaining that we didn't get 4.0 so its time to move to the One S... but for me that is a complete waste of money. I have a feeling that if you put the Amaze and One S side-by-side you would have very little, if any, performance difference.

Knowing that T-Mobile is upgrading the network throughout 2012 - 2013 and newer phones will be coming out to handle the higher network speeds, it was recommended to me by T-Mobile that I hold on to my Amaze for the remainder of 2012. And, go with one of the newer phones that will be capable of handling the higher speeds in late 2012, early 2013. Personally, I think that is very good advise.

Just as an aside, I spoke with the guy that manages my local T-Mobile company store. I have been going to that same store for 7 + years and know all the salespeople there very well. They keep me on the straight and narrow in regards to my phones. All of them said that even with the One S they all feel that the Amaze is still the highest level phone they sell.

That's great to know as I will have this bad boy at least until March of next year. And you're right. It does seem a bit more snappy. Like I said before..I love my Amaze. I think with ICS..It's again a top 5 or 6 device on the market. As far as build quality? Forget about it! I never really had a problem with Sense UI..and I still don't. I think 3.6 is kinda cool personally. But I must admit I love Nova Launcher even more. The customization is unbelievable. All in all..I will be rocking my Amaze with pride for some time to come.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

HTCinPhilly

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Those wanting Sense 4 should just get the One S. Sense 3.6 with Andoid 4.0 is fine and funtions how it should have with GingerBread (read: faster). My brother has a One S and the screen is worse although the phone is nice and fast. I've been using this same 16GB microSD card since my BlackBerry and it's easy to keep all my pics on the same card and use that card in a new phone. If I had the One S, I'd have to go about transferring everything on a computer which is an inconvenience. Sense 4 is nice too, don't get me wrong, but after using his I noticed it's mainly just aesthetics that are different. It isn't any easier to use as they both work fine. 99% of user would be happy with either. The unique design of the Amaze (and also the Senation) make it a great phone. It's no EVO LTE but as far as qHD phones go, it's now the best Android phone in that catergory.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site

The files in the final release are exactly the same as the ones in the leak, nothing changed.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Those wanting Sense 4 should just get the One S. Sense 3.6 with Andoid 4.0 is fine and funtions how it should have with GingerBread (read: faster). My brother has a One S and the screen is worse although the phone is nice and fast. I've been using this same 16GB microSD card since my BlackBerry and it's easy to keep all my pics on the same card and use that card in a new phone. If I had the One S, I'd have to go about transferring everything on a computer which is an inconvenience. Sense 4 is nice too, don't get me wrong, but after using his I noticed it's mainly just aesthetics that are different. It isn't any easier to use as they both work fine. 99% of user would be happy with either. The unique design of the Amaze (and also the Senation) make it a great phone. It's no EVO LTE but as far as qHD phones go, it's now the best Android phone in that catergory.

Thanks for that comparison ... after seeing page 4 of this thread, my phone magically notified me of the OTA update. Downloaded over 4G in 5 minutes. After reading about One S' in the wild, I'm also a bit more impressed with the Amaze. The nice hefty feel and build quality, the dedicated camera buttons (why did they drop those? :confused: ) ... I even noticed that the screen of the Amaze is larger relative to the bezel/overall shape. When the Ones were demoed in MWC, I initially thought, "The Amaze seems like it was a first design/build prototype that the One series was based on." Still think that.

My primary grumpiness about Sense 3.6 is that 4.0 was demoed in Barcelona showing an immediate landscape display when you rotated the phone, something I really want without using Car Mode. Perhaps that was "demo magic," I'll know in a few minutes.

Well (holding breath) ... here goes nothing....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe