Which Fold5 case are you getting?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Question for those using the Slim S Pen case, some of the early reviews say the pen holder isn't great, the pen is loose within, and falls out easily.

Do you find that's the case, or maybe a bad batch?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Question for those using the Slim S Pen case, some of the early reviews say the pen holder isn't great, the pen is loose within, and falls out easily.

Do you find that's the case, or maybe a bad batch?
I'm using the Samsung slim spen case no issues

Reactions: werkx

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using the Samsung S Pen case. I like it except for the bump where the S Pen goes. I picked up a 2nd S pen today from Samsung on their flash sale. So I can keep one at home and one at work.

Now I am on a quest for a case that protect the camera but will lay totally flat when unfolded. I don't want some super bulky, military grade, thing.

Something like this. https://www.caseologycases.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-5-case-parallax
The only issue with this one is the slightly raised oval around the cameras. I know I'm being picky, but a lot of the time I will unfold the fold and rest the top on top of my keyboard under the space bar.

Oh yeah, and no hinge protection as that adds a bump. Oh, and no built in screen protector :)

Last edited:

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I am currently using the Samsung S Pen case. I like it except for the bump where the S Pen goes. I picked up a 2nd S pen today from Samsung on their flash sale. So I can keep one at home and one at work.

Now I am on a quest for a case that protect the camera but will lay totally flat when unfolded. I don't want some super bulky, military grade, thing.

Something like this. https://www.caseologycases.com/products/galaxy-z-fold-5-case-parallax
The only issue with this one is the slightly raised oval around the cameras. I know I'm being picky, but a lot of the time I will unfold the fold and rest the top on top of my keyboard under the space bar.

Oh yeah, and no hinge protection as that adds a bump. Oh, and no built in screen protector :)
I actually ended up getting the parallax case a few weeks ago. Had the Samsung standing case and grip. Initially loved the Samsung case, but could never get use to the strap. Last years was better. Plus the case picked up tons of smudges and prints.

I needed a strap, so I added a sleek strip to the parallax case and added lens covers as well. It's my favorite case so far, but I'm still looking....lol
e3e95eeea8a8ba788988f84d1ea9a59e.jpg

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I got the Caseology Parallax. It's nice a nice looking minimalistic(ish) case. I think it will give some drop protection but not a ton. Wireless charging works fine. Its a tad bit slick (very little). I'm sure that will get better with time. IT attaches with adhesive, it doesn't click on. We'll see how that holds up over time, but initially its holding great. The main thing I was looking for is a flat back so when you lay it flat, there is no wobble. There is a very slight wobble with this because of the camera protection, but nothing like the wobble with the Samsung S Pen case. Guess the only thing will be how much I miss having the S Pen right there in the case. I bought an extra S pen on the flash sale so I have one at work and one at home so I don't have to carry the spen with me.

Reactions: The_Woo

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using fold 5 without a case
Iam so tempted
I have samsung care+
What say ?
I'm going bare. I do have a leather skin from Dbrand coming. That's how I plan on rolling. Imo, the folds don't do good with a case. The folds 3 did good with a case but the fold 4 got smaller bezels and the cases didn't have enough to stick to and failed. Maybe by the time I found one that worked and I liked I could have $200-$300 invested in cases. I'll just pay the deductible if I need to.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's only been a couple days and only indoor so far with no case. I don't like the camera bump. Need a case to protect and able to lie flat. Got the Samsung Spen case coming but still looking.

I might go bare with outer glass protector for front screen and camera lens protector on back. But the wobble when I lay the phone down is annoying.

Reactions: mustang7757

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's only been a couple days and only indoor so far with no case. I don't like the camera bump. Need a case to protect and able to lie flat. Got the Samsung Spen case coming but still looking.

I might go bare with outer glass protector for front screen and camera lens protector on back. But the wobble when I lay the phone down is annoying.
The Spen case won't lie flat either because of the bump for the spen. The closest i have found without a ton of bulk is the caseology parallax. it has a very slight bump around the cameras. Lays almost flat

I had the spen case. couldn't get past the spen bump. so i got the parallax and bought an extra spen. keep one spen at home and one at work. Very seldom i would need one anywhere else.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Really wanted to go bare as well, but went with this carbon fiber shell case. It's extremely thin, so if anyone is looking for "close" to bare, this is it. Adds minimal bulk. I added a mag ring and bought this ring with a silicone holder and stand. Highly recommend, Im actually rocking it for a few weeks now without wanting to swap or buy again....lol..

Bought all on Amazon
55e8ab0de909283b7e3cdce457e46518.jpg
3c4a857b36fc45bcb0412c3fa40345f0.jpg
758bb770ec00b9203c92c78148dcca43.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201