Whitestone dome glass finger print sensor not working.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the WSD on my S22 ultra and the fps is working maybe 25% of the time. it looks very nice and it feels good to the touch. The S pen works as well as it did before the installation. I'm gonna try the Afilm this week. This is unacceptable

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
@felloffthetruck

Let me know how the AM glass works out for you. I bought this but after a couple weeks the glue around the fingerprint seemed to leave a mark. It bothered me so I bought the WSD and installed it today. I don't know why, but maybe some correlation with putting the weight on it....I put the 2nd one too, but it left the same faint mark.

How does the Whitestone FPS compare to the AmFilm glass one?

Any pictures of this faint mark around the FPS? Did the FPS work even with dry hands on the AmFilm glass?

I still have the dome on and fight with the FPS daily. Maybe later this week I'll try the AmFilm.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the WSD on my S22 ultra and the fps is working maybe 25% of the time. it looks very nice and it feels good to the touch. The S pen works as well as it did before the installation. I'm gonna try the Afilm this week. This is unacceptable

Please let us know how it goes with the AmFilm glass?

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
How does the Whitestone FPS compare to the AmFilm glass one?

Any pictures of this faint mark around the FPS? Did the FPS work even with dry hands on the AmFilm glass?

I still have the dome on and fight with the FPS daily. Maybe later this week I'll try the AmFilm.
I wish I would've took a pic. Sorry, I didn't.

The fingerprint was good. But I noticed on both the fingerprint worked way better after I reregistered it 24hrs later. Maybe it needed to cure. WSD has been solid today (24hrs later)

Still early, but the WSD has been more reliable.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Try registering your fingerprint tomorrow. I had similar concerns and now it's been solid. Maybe the curing process...IDK

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
As I mentioned in a couple of posts here my sensor works 100% of the time if I moisten my finger first. Today it seems the brain trust at Android catching on to this... I got an unsolicited Android system message telling me to "try moisturizing" your fingertip. Funny in a way, but it seems that they have resigned themselves to the fact that they will not be able to fix this with programing. So "lick your finger" is the latest firmware update I guess! Actually just breathing heavily on my finger works for me so a bit less gross than having to lick my finger at the grocery store.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
If there are some here that can say for sure that their FPS worked perfectly before the WSD and then did not work well after, please note that. I talked to someone who said they had a problem with the sensor after the WSD install and asked them that. They said they installed the WSD as soon as they got the phone so could not be sure. They thought the FPS worked fine for the couple of hours before the WSD was installed but that is not certain. If there are many here that can say they used the FPS for days or weeks before the WSD and it was perfect and then they installed the WSD and the FPS no longer worked, that would be good information.
I don't use a screen protector, and my fingerprint sensor works perfectly

stewarta13wsb

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had many Notes, and a few goes with Whitestone - tried everything, they never work. It annoys me so much to see YouTubers plugging away for a bob or two selling something that just doesn't work. I've tried the new Samsung easy fit tow for £5 ones - easy to fit and so far looking great.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had many Notes, and a few goes with Whitestone - tried everything, they never work. It annoys me so much to see YouTubers plugging away for a bob or two selling something that just doesn't work. I've tried the new Samsung easy fit tow for £5 ones - easy to fit and so far looking great.
I have 3 S22 Ultras. All with Whitestone Dome glass. The FPR works fine on all of them. Occasionally, I have to try twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88