Whitestone dome glass finger print sensor not working.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I installed the glass screen protector and it looks great!! But I can't get the fingerprint sensor to work at all. So I been using the facial recognition. It works ok, but not like my iPhone 13 pro max. I don't want to take off the screen protector. (I used both already) any advice?

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you registering new fingerprints after the install? If you haven't delete the old ones and register new fingerprints. It might be harder to complete the process but once you do you might want to try registering the same finger twice.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Strange. The WD protector did not change how my FP sensor is working at all. It was not perfect before and not perfect after. As discussed in another thread and mentioned above, the FP sensor does not like dry thumbs. If I moisten mine with anything, including hand lotion which seems to last a half hour or so, it works perfectly every time.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
One tip I picked up a while ago is that when the 1st curing has been done l wipe the excess glue away when the phone's removed from the jig, but......... before I do the 2nd curing I gently but firmly press down a few time's on and around where the fingerprint scanner is.

And sometimes because I do have dry fingers I breathe on my thumb I hse to unlock.

I have the same thumb scanned twice.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
O before I do the 2nd curing I gently but firmly press down a few time's on and around where the fingerprint scanner is.

And sometimes because I do have dry fingers I breathe on my thumb I hse to unlock.

I have the same thumb scanned twice.

I did the same so maybe that is why mine seems the same after as before. I will try breathing on my thumb to see if that helps. Sure better than giving it a lick!!

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Try toggling the "touch sensitivity" in the settings to the on position.

I did that also but noticed nothing any different. As I have said, with mine, I really don't think the screen protector has had any impact. The screen touches and swipes work perfectly for me with touch sensitivity in either position. And the fingerprint sensor is perfect 100% of the time unless my finger or thumb is dry. That is the base of the issue for me. Fingers are dry normally, so FP sensor is finicky.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you registering new fingerprints after the install? If you haven't delete the old ones and register new fingerprints. It might be harder to complete the process but once you do you might want to try registering the same finger twice.

After the install of the screen protector my fingerprint sensor didn't work. I deleted the profiles and started a new one. I couldn't get anything to work to even set it up.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered the AmFilm glass as it's supposed to work better than the WSD.

My Whitestone is working but I'm getting sick of licking my thumb :p

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered the AmFilm glass as it's supposed to work better than the WSD.

My Whitestone is working but I'm getting sick of licking my thumb :p

I think I mentioned this somewhere but my FPS required a moist thumb even before I put on the WSD. It was not any worse after the WSD installation.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
If there are some here that can say for sure that their FPS worked perfectly before the WSD and then did not work well after, please note that. I talked to someone who said they had a problem with the sensor after the WSD install and asked them that. They said they installed the WSD as soon as they got the phone so could not be sure. They thought the FPS worked fine for the couple of hours before the WSD was installed but that is not certain. If there are many here that can say they used the FPS for days or weeks before the WSD and it was perfect and then they installed the WSD and the FPS no longer worked, that would be good information.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Wait a second....
He starts out saying he has had NO issues with the WSD he applied to his phone; says others have but he hasn't, but then says this AMFILM gives him better fingerprint performance. How can you have better fingerprint performance of the AMFilm over the WSD if you have had NO FINGERPRINT PERFORMANCE ISSUES WITH THE WSD? That makes no sense.

I watched his video of the WSD application and he raved about that. And then he produced another video about some of the complaints he has had from other people but then showing how the WSD works perfectly for him.

Granted people make way too many videos just to make videos just to make money and I sure don't blame them for doing that. However, I don't see how the AM film is any better than the WSD by watching his videos. Or from reading reviews of both protectors.

One thing bugs me about the AMF is that it appears they do not use any covers for the side buttons or the top speaker grill area. That would worry me if that glue got into the top speaker grill opening and hardened; as well if any dripped down the sides, top and bottom.

The full size UV vs the smaller? Really, not a big matter. I would guess the installation time, other than the curing by the UV lights is about the same for both.

I just received my second S22U I have a WSD on order, if it does not work, I'll give AMF a try but this guy does not make any sense, unless they are sponsoring him. And I'll still give the WSD the first try.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wait a second....
He starts out saying he has had NO issues with the WSD he applied to his phone; says others have but he hasn't, but then says this AMFILM gives him better fingerprint performance. How can you have better fingerprint performance of the AMFilm over the WSD if you have had NO FINGERPRINT PERFORMANCE ISSUES WITH THE WSD? That makes no sense.

I watched his video of the WSD application and he raved about that. And then he produced another video about some of the complaints he has had from other people but then showing how the WSD works perfectly for him.

[video]https://youtube.com/shorts/WJRxfhxy37k?feature=share[/url]

Granted people make way too many videos just to make videos just to make money and I sure don't blame them for doing that. However, I don't see how the AM film is any better than the WSD by watching his videos. Or from reading reviews of both protectors.

One thing bugs me about the AMF is that it appears they do not use any covers for the side buttons or the top speaker grill area. That would worry me if that glue got into the top speaker grill opening and hardened; as well if any dripped down the sides, top and bottom.

The full size UV vs the smaller? Really, not a big matter. I would guess the installation time, other than the curing by the UV lights is about the same for both.

I just received my second S22U I have a WSD on order, if it does not work, I'll give AMF a try but this guy does not make any sense, unless they are sponsoring him. And I'll still give the WSD the first try.

You are 100% correct. Watched his video where he said the WSD had perfect fingerprint scanning. He said on his Discord that the little metal weight you put over the FPS while curing was the key for the AmFilm. I ordered the AmFilm just to compare myself but I'm not ripping off my last WSD just yet. If I ever do install the AmFilm I will be taping up the speaker, buttons and ports with some painter's tape first.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
If there are some here that can say for sure that their FPS worked perfectly before the WSD and then did not work well after, please note that. I talked to someone who said they had a problem with the sensor after the WSD install and asked them that. They said they installed the WSD as soon as they got the phone so could not be sure. They thought the FPS worked fine for the couple of hours before the WSD was installed but that is not certain. If there are many here that can say they used the FPS for days or weeks before the WSD and it was perfect and then they installed the WSD and the FPS no longer worked, that would be good information.
I can say for sure that my FPS worked 100% before I installed the WSD and I used it that way for a week or so before the WSD was delivered. It never failed at all. Installed the WSD and the FPS seemed to work at first, not 100% but good enough, and then it was so horrible that I took it off after two days. My FPS was again working 100% and after another week I decided to try the second WSD. FPS is back to what I expected and how it's been on my last three phones, so this behavior is not new. I'm still using it but there are moments I want to rip it off again. It's such a toss up for me. I need protection because I already have tiny surface scratches but it's hard to use and I can't stand the feel of film, especially with the s-pen. I use face recognition and connection with my Garmin mostly to unlock but I want FPS for Samsung Pay.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I can say for sure that my FPS worked 100% before I installed the WSD and I used it that way for a week or so before the WSD was delivered. It never failed at all. Installed the WSD and the FPS seemed to work at first, not 100% but good enough, and then it was so horrible that I took it off after two days.

That is good information. Thanks. So, given some like me have seen no difference between before and after this would seem to point to installation issues for some. Unless there are quality control problems at WSD and the glass of the protector differs from one to another. I think two things are possibly being seen here. Some, like me, have dry fingers that make the FPS finicky with or without the WSD, but got a good installation that works the same after as before. Others have FPS problems that were not there before the installation of the WSD. That could be installation process itself or maybe something about their fingerprints is harder to read with the addition of the glue and glass? Or as I said, maybe glass quality control?

Mine was 100% before the install as long as I moistened my thumb and is 100% after, as long as I moisten, (or breathe on), my thumb. Moistening the finger is a pain but seems to work for many. If Samsung could somehow tweak the software to make the sensor less sensitive to dry fingers that might help a lot with the issues that are not a direct result of installation or glass quality.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I can say for sure the few days I had mine without the WSD on it I didn't once have an issue with it picking up my finger. Now afterwards and after rescanning it, it happens often that it fails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooli