Who has been able to resist S8/S8 Plus so far?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
"Better camera" has been my main driver for upgrading to the next Galaxy model. I cannot resist the lure of a new camera feature, and Samsung has consistently had the latest and greatest cameras. The lack of any new camera feature in the S8 is a huge disappointment.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The lack of any new camera feature in the S8 is a huge disappointment.
Well the hardware might be more or less the same but its improved on the software front. I am sure Samsung could've (may) brought the same software optimizations over to the S7/S7E lineup but may not choose to do so.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Got the spigen tough armor case in yesterday and it's practically the same width as my iPhone 7 tough armor case and about half an inch taller.

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
What are the benefits jumping to the S8 from the S7E? I only got the edge since it was the only phone available last year when my s5 broke. I honestly do not like the edge/curved screen part. Does the S8 have that?

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
What are the benefits jumping to the S8 from the S7E? I only got the edge since it was the only phone available last year when my s5 broke. I honestly do not like the edge/curved screen part. Does the S8 have that?
Not as obvious as the S7 Edge. To answer yes, is not fair. Go see it yourself. Big big difference.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you ever got to see the note 7, the 8 plus edges are like that. They aren't as curved as the s7 edge.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I just pre-ordered the S8+. I also am NO fan of the stupid "edge." You do have to bear in mind that it's what allows Samsung to fit a bigger screen in a thinner ("less wide") phone, though. There is a bit of a difference between the S8 and S7 edges, though -- indeed, the S8 edges aren't as "extreme" as the S7 edge.

The benefits? With the S8+, you do get some extra screen real estate. The actual width of the screen is either the same or perhaps even a hair less wide on the S8+ than the S7 Edge, but the difference is negligible.

As a fan of Samsung's "S-View" case, the new equivalent is actually similar to the old "clear view cover," but with a horizontal stand capability that should be quite useful. I'll definitely get one of those.

One of the big advantages will be Bluetooth version 5, which should use less power, give you far more range, and allow you to connect two different devices at the same time. That could be useful. And there are some other significant "future proof" advantages -- new technologies that are in our future, and it'll be ready for them when they get here. Also, there will be 64GB of RAM, which should help keep things running quickly.

Another thing to consider are the promotions -- you usually see the VR headset, but I could care less about that. What I'll definitely take advantage of is the offer to get a set of wireless Bluetooth headphones and a 256GB MicroSD card for only $99 -- I'm definitely going to go for that. Note that you truly have to pre-order an S8 phone, "with service," in order to qualify for the promotions. Best Buy is giving you $100 off in the deal, too, so that's where I pre-ordered mine.

In the end, if you haven't already, head down to your local Best Buy store and check the S8 and the S8+ in person -- they have them on display, and you can play around with them quite a bit. "Swipe up" in order to get to all of the apps, then go to town and play with the phones. You might find stuff you like, maybe not -- but go check them out!

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the S8+. I also am NO fan of the stupid "edge." You do have to bear in mind that it's what allows Samsung to fit a bigger screen in a thinner ("less wide") phone, though. There is a bit of a difference between the S8 and S7 edges, though -- indeed, the S8 edges aren't as "extreme" as the S7 edge.

The benefits? With the S8+, you do get some extra screen real estate. The actual width of the screen is either the same or perhaps even a hair less wide on the S8+ than the S7 Edge, but the difference is negligible.

As a fan of Samsung's "S-View" case, the new equivalent is actually similar to the old "clear view cover," but with a horizontal stand capability that should be quite useful. I'll definitely get one of those.

One of the big advantages will be Bluetooth version 5, which should use less power, give you far more range, and allow you to connect two different devices at the same time. That could be useful. And there are some other significant "future proof" advantages -- new technologies that are in our future, and it'll be ready for them when they get here. Also, there will be 64GB of RAM, which should help keep things running quickly.

Another thing to consider are the promotions -- you usually see the VR headset, but I could care less about that. What I'll definitely take advantage of is the offer to get a set of wireless Bluetooth headphones and a 256GB MicroSD card for only $99 -- I'm definitely going to go for that. Note that you truly have to pre-order an S8 phone, "with service," in order to qualify for the promotions. Best Buy is giving you $100 off in the deal, too, so that's where I pre-ordered mine.

In the end, if you haven't already, head down to your local Best Buy store and check the S8 and the S8+ in person -- they have them on display, and you can play around with them quite a bit. "Swipe up" in order to get to all of the apps, then go to town and play with the phones. You might find stuff you like, maybe not -- but go check them out!

There is not 64 gb of RAM

There's 4 GB of RAM.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Piece of cake.

After the last Samsung debacle from not having a removable battery, I'm secure in my position to avoid ever buying one that lacks this simple feature.

Sticking with my time-tested Note 4.

Lance Redden

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Sitting here with my Coral Blue trying to fight all the S8/Plus temptations​. The plan is that I want to hold out for Note 8 BUT these are going to be a very long 6-7 months.

Anyone else fighting back? :)

I actually preodered it on March 30th. Just cancelled my order yesterday. How's that for fighting back ! It's such an incremental upgrade. Sure that screen is pretty aluring but the S7 Edge is almost as good. I'm quite happy with that. Till something more monumental is out, I can wait.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually preodered it on March 30th. Just cancelled my order yesterday. How's that for fighting back ! It's such an incremental upgrade. Sure that screen is pretty aluring but the S7 Edge is almost as good. I'm quite happy with that. Till something more monumental is out, I can wait.
Another strong willed person👍 Like I said earlier it is getting easier for me. I almost preordered, but I really want the Note 8 and unfortunately I cannot have both ☺️

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
You have just been freed from the Matrix. Well done!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Another strong willed person?????? Like I said earlier it is getting easier for me. I almost preordered, but I really want the Note 8 and unfortunately I cannot have both ☺️

I need someone to keep me in check because I PLAN on getting both and right now I'm not doing a good job trying to stop myself.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm still holding off too. ??????

I could buy the s8 or s8+ to replace my s7 edge but they do not not bring enough to the table for me to pull the trigger.

I have the disposable income as I purposely save each month to be able to finance the purchase.
So I could buy the s8 s8+ and then move onto the Note 8 but I'm just not wowed by them and my s7 edge is only 8 months old and is solid.