who here uses tmobile?

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Call back and talk to someone else.

The plan is for "new activations only" but I have read of others who were able to get it with a few phone calls.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, after some arguing, they set me up.

Now, what are the proper APN settings, or is it automatic with their Sim card installed??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, after some arguing, they set me up.

Now, what are the proper APN settings, or is it automatic with their Sim card installed??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mine showed up automagically... that doesn't mean that better options are not available though.

b0bbert

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
To answer the OPs question about signal dBm/ASU, the more negative the number the worse the signal is. So -10 is worse than -9. 9 is better than -9. If that helps you out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I guess that is right. Only the mvno Sims should need apn settings set up....

And to address another post, this deal was a brand new sim in a brand new Nexus I just got. I am with Verizon with unlimited data, but wanted a new toy to play with. I also have a sim from blackwireless coming. T mobile won't work well here, but I just wanted to give it a shot for the heck of it.

I am trying out different options for when my unlimited data goes away. Plus at work, where I spend about 10-12 hours a day, Verizon doesn't do so well.

Thanks for the help folks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to add to the comments about degraded service. I will also try to follow up with links if i can find them. But from what ive read over the last few months it sounds like the MVNO companies who use T-Mobile network can experience degraded data services on towers that are at or near capacity. T-Mobile Pre and Post paid customers have a higher priority to tower access. Not sure if this applies to Voice and Data or Data Only. So if a tower is near data capacity the TMO customers will get as much data access as possible and the MVNO customers will experience slower data speeds.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to add to the comments about degraded service. I will also try to follow up with links if i can find them. But from what ive read over the last few months it sounds like the MVNO companies who use T-Mobile network can experience degraded data services on towers that are at or near capacity. T-Mobile Pre and Post paid customers have a higher priority to tower access. Not sure if this applies to Voice and Data or Data Only. So if a tower is near data capacity the TMO customers will get as much data access as possible and the MVNO customers will experience slower data speeds.

I have been wondering about this. I am using ST Tmo. I live in a very rural KS area and the voice service is pretty poor. I have home WiFi so I could careless about the data. There is only 1 tower servicing my area. I guess I will have to activate the Tmo sim I have on the Tmo $30 plan and see if there is any improvement compared to the ST Tmo sim.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I live in a very rural KS area and the voice service is pretty poor. I have home WiFi so I could careless about the data. There is only 1 tower servicing my area. I guess I will have to activate the Tmo sim I have on the Tmo $30 plan and see if there is any improvement compared to the ST Tmo sim.

I'll be interested in what you find. I live in Columbia, MO, where TMO has great HSPA coverage. But outside of the city, it quickly drops to EDGE or GPRS. In small towns and rural areas, and even parts of I-70, there's zero coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf