Who loves blinkfeed?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll miss Blinkfeed once I get the Nexus 6. I've tried Flipboard and Play Newsstand but it's not the same. When the M8 came out, HTC said in a press release that due to the popularity of Blinkfeed they would be bringing it to non-HTC devices, but that's yet to happen. I tweeted them about it and they said they had no plans to do that, so I referred them to the press release. I haven't head back.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
You can now download blinkfeed, the app. I believe it works on most devices.

Posted via the Android Central App with my HTC DROID DNA

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You can now download blinkfeed, the app. I believe it works on most devices.

Posted via the Android Central App with my HTC DROID DNA

Without rooting? I believe from the Play Store it shows incompatible unless you have an HTC that came with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Without rooting? I believe from the Play Store it shows incompatible unless you have an HTC that came with it.

Posted via Android Central App
No rooting necessary. The blinkfeed on Google play is made for non-htc phones. I have it installed on my wife's Motorola RAZR M and it works well.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No rooting necessary. The blinkfeed on Google play is made for non-htc phones. I have it installed on my wife's Motorola RAZR M and it works well.

It must only be available for certain devices. I just tried to install it on a Note 3 and it shows that it's incompatible. I tried it on a Nexus 7 tablet and the same thing happened.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It must only be available for certain devices. I just tried to install it on a Note 3 and it shows that it's incompatible. I tried it on a Nexus 7 tablet and the same thing happened.

Over on XDA, there is a version of blinkfeed that can be put on any device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I may give it a shot. What phone did you install it on?

I'm using this on both an HTC DROID DNA running Santod40's GPE 5.1 (also works on Santod40's GPE 4.4.4 ROM), and a Motorola RAZR M XT907, neither of which would allow me to install from the Play Store. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any problems/questions.

Frank

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't use it. I have Apex Launcher installed so I lose Blinkfeed. I have Flipboard and it's much, much better.

Jon, you can still use Blinkfeed with Apex launcher. I use Nova and with one tap I'm on Blinkfeed.

Frank

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using this on both an HTC DROID DNA running Santod40's GPE 5.1 (also works on Santod40's GPE 4.4.4 ROM), and a Motorola RAZR M XT907, neither of which would allow me to install from the Play Store. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any problems/questions.

Frank

Thanks for your help. I was able to get Blinkfeed to install but it didn't install the HTC Service Pack; it would just say "app not installed". Did you encounter that at some point?

EDIT: Ok, I uninstalled Blinkfeed then installed the Service Pack and it installed. But then when I went back to install Blinkfeed then it started saying "app not installed".

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I was able to get Blinkfeed to install but it didn't install the HTC Service Pack; it would just say "app not installed". Did you encounter that at some point?

EDIT: Ok, I uninstalled Blinkfeed then installed the Service Pack and it installed. But then when I went back to install Blinkfeed then it started saying "app not installed".

Here are the versions of the different software that I used, I forget the order that I installed them in. (as I mentioned earlier, some of the APKs that I downloaded, had to be updated via Aptoide and other various spots on the web). If you have a problem finding any of the files, just let me know.

EDIT: A real simple method of finding any of the below files is to Google (file name (include the version number)) apk download.

Clock - 7.1.498168
HTC Account - 7.0.495204
HTC Service Pack - 1.02.485370
Location Picker - 2.4.474239
Sense Home - 7.0.498247
Weather - 6.2.836.008
Weather Clock Widget - 7.0.497815

So there it is, the mishmash of HTC software that I used to get Blinkfeed working on my phone (HTC DROID DNA running GPE 5.1, which isn't supposed to be able to run Blinkfeed ). I hope this helps you out.

Frank

Last edited:

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If anyone likes the HTC Sense 7 Weather Clock Widget, there's a really nice one on Google Play. Just download Zooper Widget Pro AND Zooper HTC Sense 7 Widgets from Apps Fur Cats. It's by far the best looking of the Sense 7 Weather Clock Widgets that I've seen.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Were you able to get Blinkfeed and all of the associated programs running?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to get Blinkfeed and all of the associated programs running?

I actually haven't tried rounding up the files to do it just yet. I'll give it a try tho... thanks for the info! I'm a little wary of just googling the files and installing them but I may give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny