Who loves blinkfeed?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So far I live this phone. The only thing I am less than thrilled with is the battery life but I'm still breaking it in. One of the driving factors for get I'm getting the phone was blinkfeed. All my news and social media on one page. Who wouldn't want that. Who else loves blinkfeed? I see a lot of threads about removing it but not many about how awesome it is.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Initially I was on the fence about blinkfeed...

But oh man once I got it set up to my liking its my favorite thing ever!!! So yes I love it!

The only thing that SUCKS now I don't want to use any of the cool launchers because I don't want to lose blinkfeed just as it is- a dedicated page I can swipe right to!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am told you can't get rid of it. I don't like any feature that is pushed at you in this way. Don't use social media and would like to choose my news feeds.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide if I want all my social media and news being shown together under "highlights" or if I wanna break them out. What are you guys doing?

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like it. Hopefully, the update will bring with it more news choices than the current left leaning garbage that's available now. More customization and choices are always better.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I am told you can't get rid of it. I don't like any feature that is pushed at you in this way. Don't use social media and would like to choose my news feeds.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah I don't like forced things either. But you can choose your news feeds right? I mean, within reason...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think I would but I've grown to like it. It's nice to thumb through my articles.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I want to like Blinkfeed but I still prefer Feedly.
Blinkfeed downsides
-Missing offline reading
-unable to customize feeds
-Only works on my phone

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I would like it, but I find myself using it everyday. I only wish it had greater customization, allowing individual feeds to be entered.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I like it.. Makes browsing news and feeds very easy without opening each individual app

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I love Blinkfeed. As others have mentioned it is great to get the 'Coles Notes' of news and my social feeds. The one thing I found that Blinkfeed doesn't cover very well is sports. I offset that with FlipBoard.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not so much. Not a big socialite and prefer BBC news or NPR, so I don't need a dedicated page for that. I would like to be able to turn it on or off. Would not having it help my battery life?

Posted via Android Central App