Who will be dropping VZW after their plan ends?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I use my jetpak. Close to 5g. For my tab and laptop. I would have to get the 10 g for 100.00. I use a lot of data on my phone. Not paying more. If I had easy access for free wifi that would be helpful. But I don't. And when I am off work and just want to go home....
Verizon gets enough from me monthly as it is.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I take no offense. No worries. More than one person has said new customers will have one choice. And those who renew lose current plan. We will know on the 28th
But am not changing. I will go month to month. We do what's best for ourselves. I am not going to worry about overage

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Please do not take offense as none is intended.... But I will trust what Verizon officially announced over some store employee.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Unless you can point me to a press release or article where it's quoted, it seems as those running the Twitter support account are just as bad as the reps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I got an email back from he CS at Verizon. Here is part of what she said...I wrote back and questioned her on it.

"The new Share Everything plans that have been introduced were made available to give us the option to offer a shared data plan on family plans. You are in no way required to choose this option for your account. If it does not work for you, you are welcome to stay on the calling plan that you currently have. We are adding this as another option to consider, but our current calling plans are not going anywhere

Verizon really has to start training the CS people on the right information they are giving out.

I would have to agree...I spoke to another VZW rep...they do not have all of the answers at this time...I did a comparison...I get a 15% discount on my line and a discount on my data and I spend about $180-190/month with four lines on my account...my other three lines do not have data on them and I have the 1400 minute plan with unlimited messaging across all the lines...with this new plan, assuming that VZW will be extending the same discount for my line and the data and I use 4 GB/month, it would be about the same cost for me, but the rep at VZW said that it would not be worth the switch for me and I would not be forced to switch if I didn't want to...VZW still needs to get more info out to the public and to their staff!! As long as they get ICS to my TBolt, I will be happy and don't need to switch at this time!!

Last edited:

motty69

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon honors existing corporate discounts on the new plans. Currently I get 19% off my calling plan and data plan. If it works the same way on these plans that would be nearly $16 off the 6GB plan and almost $8 off for the phone.

With two smartphone and my mom's dumbphone I'd be paying about the same on the 6GB plan (maybe a little less), but be adding free hotspot for me and my wife and data with unlimited calling for my mom (she uses far more calling minutes than me or my wife). The plan will be better for us. I'm not due for an upgrade till November, so there should be no unknowns about the plan by then. It looks like it won't save me much, but since me and my wife rarely use more than 3GB combined we should be fine with 6GB.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I think there is one thing we all can agree on is that Verizon has not done a good job of clearly stating what happens to new customers after June 28th. And there is a method to their madness....

They want to push these new plans, especially to new customers. If it is presented by the sales people as the only option they get more people onto it. By just presenting these new plans as the only choice makes it easier. Too many options confuses most customers.

Sent from my rotary phone

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I use my jetpak. Close to 5g. For my tab and laptop. I would have to get the 10 g for 100.00. I use a lot of data on my phone. Not paying more. If I had easy access for free wifi that would be helpful. But I don't. And when I am off work and just want to go home....
Verizon gets enough from me monthly as it is.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using patalk
Since your keeping your unlimited plan? Why dont you just root your TB
and have free wifi tether for
all of your devices. That would save you some huge dollars. Pretty much everyone does it.
what I am trying to convey is... That if big red is pushing you? You might as well push back ;)

TXZach

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I opted for the 1 year contract when I bought my t-bolt last march and am eligible for an upgrade, but I like my t-bolt. I actually pay for the hotspot (use for ipad and laptop) and average about 4-5gb of data a month. I have 450 min, unlimited texts and data + hotspot @ $150 a month (incl taxes).

I can pre-order S3 or go with Razr Maxx. Currently have the extended battery on t-bolt which is an absolute necessity?

Keep t-bolt? Upgrade today? Switch carriers?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I opted for the 1 year contract when I bought my t-bolt last march and am eligible for an upgrade, but I like my t-bolt. I actually pay for the hotspot (use for ipad and laptop) and average about 4-5gb of data a month. I have 450 min, unlimited texts and data + hotspot @ $150 a month (incl taxes).

I can pre-order S3 or go with Razr Maxx. Currently have the extended battery on t-bolt which is an absolute necessity?

Keep t-bolt? Upgrade today? Switch carriers?

I'd preorder the S3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: TXZach

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having a problem with the camera on my TB and when I went thru the insurance online, it said it was going to cost me $100 for a replacement. So, since I am on unlimited, have a line eligible for upgrade, and knew the share everything was coming out on the 28th, I stopped at a VZW corporate store last Friday to figure out if I should just upgrade instead of replace my TB thru insurance.

I currently have my smartphone and 2 basic phones on my family plan. I was told:
- if I upgrade before 6/28, I will keep everything I have the same including my unlimited data
- if I upgrade after 6/28, I will keep my family call and text plan and will only lose my unlimited data. My cost per month would remain the same - I would just be paying $30 a month for 2 GB data vs 29.99 for unlimited.
- If I keep my TB and don't upgrade, but I upgrade one of my basic phones to a smartphone, he said I will keep everything and the new smartphone can just be added for $30 a mo for 2 GB.
- He said the Share Everything is just another choice/option and is really geared for multi-smartphone households

And then he checked and my TB was covered under my Total Protection coverage and I could get a replacement TB for no cost. And since the phone I would like is 299 which is more than I can spend right now and the fact that I don't even hit 1GB of data a month (I am use the WiFi 95% of the time), I decided I will keep my TB for now and if I upgrade later in the year, I think I will be ok with having the 2 GB of data. I think I wanted to keep my unlimited just for peace of mind.... however, it would be my daughter that would need the unlimited more than me... thus the reason why I haven't allowed her to upgrade to a smartphone yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59