Who's getting the new Pixel Fold?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I am thinking of upgrading to pixel fold from ZF3 but have few concerns:
- Not sure if it is an upgrade at all considering Tensor G2 performance and battery efficiency compared to snapdragon 888
- Samsung made good strides in software on foldables with features like 3 app split screen (always uses this option for work), saving app pair (heard this feature will be part of Android 14). Also I will miss features like edge panel and routines which are just basic needs for me now.

Am very impressed with touch interactions and pixel specific features on my backup Pixel 7 pro and like the form factor of Pixel fold. Based on leaks ZF5 will not change its form factor and it is making me think about moving to pixel fold but again Tensor G2 is a big limiting factor. I hope Google should have released Fold with Tensor G3.

Anyone moving from Samsung foldable to pixel? Share your thoughts

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of upgrading to pixel fold from ZF3 but have few concerns:
- Not sure if it is an upgrade at all considering Tensor G2 performance and battery efficiency compared to snapdragon 888
- Samsung made good strides in software on foldables with features like 3 app split screen (always uses this option for work), saving app pair (heard this feature will be part of Android 14). Also I will miss features like edge panel and routines which are just basic needs for me now.

Am very impressed with touch interactions and pixel specific features on my backup Pixel 7 pro and like the form factor of Pixel fold. Based on leaks ZF5 will not change its form factor and it is making me think about moving to pixel fold but again Tensor G2 is a big limiting factor. I hope Google should have released Fold with Tensor G3.

Anyone moving from Samsung foldable to pixel? Share your thoughts
I see some good thoughts and some good concerns as well... I plan on test driving it and if it underwhelms will return it within the return period.. I think the phone will handle just fine with the G2 but the battery remains to be seen for sure... And although some people don't like the Samsung OS I like all the extras you get with it like customization and like you said the edge panel and the pairs and having all the apps running at the same time... I would probably tell folks to wait and see how things shake out once in the hands of others along with further reviews

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
when do you think reviews will come out? i’m guessing some people have the fold in hand for long term testing. everything i’ve seen so far has been based on limited use at google io.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Obsidian in 256gb. I always get black for my phones and the obsidian looks sleek.

I also named my iPhone 14 Pro obsidian so it’s going to be jelly LOL.
The Obsidian model does look elegant and sleek!

LOOL well that iPhone 14 Pro knows who's in charge!

Reactions: swarlos

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
i have no experience pre ordering from google although i've had a few nexus and pixel phones. with apple my experience has been they don’t ship from china this early. i usually can track via fedex or ups about a week before, not 2 weeks.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought about getting this, but with the cost and Google using the Tensor 2 I will pass on this foldable. Normally Google first gen devices in a new category don't go well it seems. I will wait and check out Samsung's 5 gen foldables and Moto's razr as well. I have a pixel phone and z flip 4 so I don't have to jump and can just wait out the initial rush.

Basically, everyone else can be the test subjects of this first gen foldable from Google.

Reactions: J Dubbs and ras47

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought about getting this, but with the cost and Google using the Tensor 2 I will pass on this foldable. Normally Google first gen devices in a new category don't go well it seems. I will wait and check out Samsung's 5 gen foldables and Moto's razr as well. I have a pixel phone and z flip 4 so I don't have to jump and can just wait out the initial rush.

Basically, everyone else can be the test subjects of this first gen foldable from Google.
Be honest...you didn't think about getting this at all... :ROFLMAO:

If you follow your sig you can skip the RazR as well...that is definitely a compromise...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca