Who's going to pay full retail price for the Incredible?

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, when I went to upgrade I had no option to choose anything other than a 2 yr re-up. I was hoping to do a 1 yr or even full retail. Wonder why I couldn't choose anything other than a new 2 year commitment. Does the new 2 yr contract start from the time of new activation or does it get tacked on to the end of my current contract?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
starts from the time of activation, so if you're one year it, it adds a year to your original contract end date basically.

Joehoeva

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I was going to ditch my Eris for the Incredible but I really don't want to pay upwards of $500 for it.

This totally sucks. I hate all you guys.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i just got back from best buy. put a $50 deposit on one. will be picking it up and paying full price thursday morning! can't wait! anybody want a rooted droid with a home and car dock?

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Bestbuy is 599, VZW is 529 at full retail. Why BestBuy?

Some people use Best Buy because they can put it on their Best Buy credit card with 12-18 months no interest. Which isn't a bad idea at all. I guess the "interest" you do pay is the $70 markup, but for those who want the phone now, its easier just to make the payments on the credit card.

P.S. I've never done it, not 100% sure you can put phones on your CC at best buy...but I have seen others say they have done it.

drclayton

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry tour owner as well...going to pay full price on thursday and become another android 1st timer.
However i have a (probably dumb) question.
When i buy an android phone...does the data plan automatically switch when i activate it?
I ask because i think verizon uses a "blackberry data plan".
So in other words is it a smooth transition or will they give me lip about making the change?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry tour owner as well...going to pay full price on thursday and become another android 1st timer.
When i buy an android phone...does the data plan automatically switch when i activate it?
So in other words is it a smooth transition or will they give me lip about making the change?

Your plan will switch automatically I believe when your new phone is activated. There is no price difference if you are using BIS on your berry.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Should be seamless... the pro-rated amount should even itself out given that BB BIS is $29.99 and so is the data package needed for the HTC Incredible.

I don't think its "instant", might want to *611 and let them know you need to switch packages. That way you know for sure you have all data options available for the Incredible.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I too will be paying full retail value for my Droid Incredible. I came back to Verizon in January of this year and purchased the Blackberry Storm2. I later returned it to get the Droid and now I am not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon so I will be breaking the bank. I will have my Droid(Motorola) for sale on either Ebay or Craiglist soon.

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered mine today. Which btw april 23-26 it has the activation fee waved. So i only paid $150 because i had my NE2...sweeet!

mhamann

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Droid Eris in mid-February because my Palm Centro died. Now the Incredible comes out...argh! I'm going to go to the nearest store and try to trade in my Eris claiming that I would've waited to purchase if I'd known and hopefully i can get it for at least the $199 price.

It's also suuuuper slow (the main frustration for me) and has trouble getting a signal where I live. I've heard the Incredible has far better reception, so we'll see.

Key word: Negotiate. If that doesn't work, I may have to plunk down the cash and turn to eBay to recoup my losses... :-/

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys looking for opinion! It looks like I will be paying full price for Incredible. Was just wondering if anyone knows whether it would be cheaper to add a line (thus getting the phone for $199) and then canceling the second line and paying the ETF. If you paid the ETF it would be cheaper the paying the extra monthly fee. I think basic phone coverage is now $40 a month. I am just trying to look at all the angles to get the best deal. Thanks for everyones opinion!

wild style

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys looking for opinion! It looks like I will be paying full price for Incredible. Was just wondering if anyone knows whether it would be cheaper to add a line (thus getting the phone for $199) and then canceling the second line and paying the ETF. If you paid the ETF it would be cheaper the paying the extra monthly fee. I think basic phone coverage is now $40 a month. I am just trying to look at all the angles to get the best deal. Thanks for everyones opinion!

Ok, so lets say you added a line to get the phone for $199 and then canceled this new line. By canceling the line, you'll be forced to pay a $350 ETF fee. So you're looking at $199 for the phone and $350 to cancel the line. At $549, you're better off paying the $530 retail price for the phone. VZW isn't stupid, this is why they've raised the ETF fee recently. ;)

This would be really dumb, but lets just say you kept that 2nd line and paid it monthly. You'll be paying $9.99 for the service + $29.99 for required data plan. Over 24 months, you'd have paid $959.52 + the $199 for the phone.

So clearly, the cheapest option here is to pay full retail for the phone.

I'm not sure this will work, but another possible scenario may be to just pay the ETF on your current contract and start all over. Remember that the ETF is prorated. Assuming you signed your contract before November '09, your ETF should have been locked in at $175 and would have gone down $5 for each month that you were in contract. To figure out how much your ETF currently is, we would need to know how far into your contract you are. Basically subtract $5 for each month you've been in contract. I believe $50 is the lowest they will allow it to be. But even if you paid the full $175 and then started a new contract and grabbed the Incredible at $199, this would be a cheaper alternative to paying full retail for the phone.

If you signed after November and your ETF is $350, you're most likely better off paying full retail for the phone. :D

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I just got off the phone with Verizon and it looks like my ETF fee is $150. The problem is I dont want to loose my current phone number. If I terminate my current contract I dont think I can keep my current number. Any more thoughts?

icyxcold

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Transfer it to a pre-paid then transfer it back

Ok so I just got off the phone with Verizon and it looks like my ETF fee is $150. The problem is I dont want to loose my current phone number. If I terminate my current contract I dont think I can keep my current number. Any more thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Todar86