Why am I getting calls from people who are not calling me?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am sitting at work, and it says my coworker across the room is calling me on my phone, even though his phone is sitting face down on the desk.
I have 5 missed calls from him(I have his contact saved) even though he is not calling me.
I also have a missed call from my boss (I have her contact saved) across the room, whose phone said that /I was calling her/ when my phone was ringing from her number.
I also got a call from a coworker across the room whose number I don't even have saved.....

I don't understand why my call log says I have missed calls from people in my office but none of their phones are showing they've called me.

I also got a call from a pizza restaurant (that I haven't called since last week).

I did not answer these calls.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
You (the nameless OP) don't mention if you are just using a plain cell phone, or if there is VOIP or WiFI calling or call forwarding or a hunt group or any other features involved. Which REALLY makes it hard to guess.

If that's a plain cell phone you have, with no complications, the first thing to do is dial 611 and ask your carrier to check the line. They could have switching screwed up. If they say there's no problem...there's an odd chance your phone could be screwed up and I hate to say "Do a hard reset" but that's one fast way to eliminate lots of questions. If that doesn't do it, or the nuclear option isn't appealing to you either, then send/take it to a repair center to have it checked out. Or, borrow a different phone from someone and move your SIM to it. See if using a physically different phone can fix the problem, which eliminates the "carrier" question.

It is also POSSIBLE these days, especially if you are using a service like Gargoyle Voice, that someone has hacked your account and is playing with call diversion and forwarding. Even less likely that someone has hacked your phone--but these are all things to be eliminated. You'll need to discuss DETAILS in order to do that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appcrunk