Why are my book chapters out of order when I view them on my Samsung Galaxy S4 off of my Micro SD Card?

shellyb123

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s4 problems wih micro sd card

Hi

I am a new owner of a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and have a micro sd card for additional memory. I have transferred some audiobooks from my computer on to the sd card and when I go to access them thru the S4 the books are there but the chapters are out of order. When I look at the sd card when it's hooked up to my computer the chapters for each book are all in order, but then when you access the sd card thru the phone the chapters for each audio book are out of order, and also when you play one chapter it does not automatically go on to the next chapter and I am wondering whether it should do this or not. If anyone could help that would be great.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s4 problems wih micro sd card

Welcome to Android Central! Try to determine if it's an issue with the audiobook itself, or with the SD card. Try copying the audiobook from the computer to the phone's Internal Storage, and see if the same thing happens.

Does it play normally on your computer?

shellyb123

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

yes it plays normally on my computer and the chapters show up in order on the computer, when I have the sd card connected to my computer it shows the chapters in order, but when I access the sd card thru the phone the chapters are out of order. I will try saving a book on the internal storage and see if that makes a difference

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It sounds as if the app is playing them in the order in which they're sorted (by Android or by the app), not in the order of the chapter numbers (which the app probably can't determine from the file name, since Chapter 2 comes after Chapter 10 in alphabetical sort order).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz