Why are my huawei Mate 8 and P9 not charging fast after upgrading to Nougat

Shams Ullah

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
I recently upgraded both of my mate 8 and p9 to Nougat. After upgrading it some times doesn't even fully charge in 24 hrs. Some times it even further discharges while charging. Both of the phones become hot while charging.

Using charging current measuring Application like Ampere I have noticed some times a maximum charging current of 120 mA or 90 mA. While before upgrading this current used to be above 1700 mA.

Some times after restarting the phone or plugging and unplugging the charger several times the charging current becomes normal and reaches to a maximum value of 1800 mA in both phones. But after a while the issue resumes.

I have tried several solutions like

Factory resetting

Switching between several chargers

Switching between charging cables

Trying different wall sockets for charger

But all of the above solutions have failed.

I also visited huawei customer care center but they said that they can not handle this issue and it may be solved in future upgrades.

The issue is not only with my phones but my neighbor also has amate 8 he is also facing the same issue with his phone after upgrade.

I am very worried as i have just recently bought my phones and now i have to sell it again at lower prices.

If any one know about the solution kindly share with me. Thank u.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's happening in your phones and in your friend's phone then it is probably a software issue, especially after all the troubleshooting you did. You can try to revert back to old software and update again, or just keep the old software until Huawei fixes this problem