Why are my SMS messages failing to send?

Tazer1979

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
SMS messages fail to send

My phone fails to send the texts pretty often and I can't find a common denominator. It fails on wifi, it fails on strong signal, it fails on weak signal, ect. I can either keep retrying and eventually it goes through, or if I drop it to airplane mode and back, then it sends. Everything seems up to date, and I'm hesitant to take it to the store since those guys usually know less then I do about it and their solution is usually a factory reset. I'm using the default messaging app, and open to alternatives if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks

oscarveli21

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: SMS messages fail to send

I had the same issue somebody on this forum recamended turning off volte in call settibgs and i havent had an issue since give it a try

Tazer1979

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

I disabled and will check it out over the weekend. Thanks for the reply, I would have never found that setting!

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

In hangouts, go to the preferences and make sure you have the right carrier selected as your text server or have the right APN info set. When I had the Z1 and Z2, I had to changes this manually.

Neub13

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

In hangouts, go to the preferences and make sure you have the right carrier selected as your text server or have the right APN info set. When I had the Z1 and Z2, I had to changes this manually.

Hey I decided to give this a look since you mentioned it and this is what i found.
Can anyone explain this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 36879.jpg
    36879.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 15

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Hey I decided to give this a look since you mentioned it and this is what i found.
Can anyone explain this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Select the fast.tmobile one.

Can't explain it, it's stupid. It frustrates the hell out of me before too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88