Why did my proximity sensor stop working on my LG stylo 6?

Cliff Richards

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
I noticed that when my phone (LG Stylo 6) rings the screen instantly goes black. Also when I make a call before I ever move the phone towards my face the screen goes black. I have to push the power button twice to get the screen back on so I can switch to speaker or enter numbers in an automated system. I found the hardware test on my phone the other day and it shows proximity sensor not responding contact a customer center. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it? Thank you for your input.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, see if the problem happens in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/lg-stylo-6/safe-mode-lg-stylo-6. If it doesn't, then something you installed is causing the problem -- you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

If it persists in Safe Mode, then this kind of thing is often due to a poorly designed screen protector (which covers the proximity sensor) or a poorly fitting case that blocks the sensor. Even a significant smudge over the sensor could potentially cause it. If you have a protector or case, take them off, and make sure the glass is clean overlying the sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish