Why did my samsung become throw away disposable?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I purchased a J7 SkyPro at Walmart on November 3rd. On the 3rd day of use it locked me out! We have been trying to get back in ever since November-3rd {today is December 6th} at Walmart, Samsung {over the phone} the and at the authorized service center with out success.

I guess I thought Walmart would replace just about anything, with or without a receipt, I'v done it without at least a million times.

I'v never been good with paperwork, this time I found out I needed both the box and the receipt. Hence without them I have made myself a disposable J7 SkyPro, not to hard to do ha? My bad, I loose!

Anyone else have a similar issue? Is there any good excuse why I should be left hung out to dry????

Ready to purchase a Samsung? better be careful about all the seemingly small details, think 2wice!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Return policies are completely up to the store you bought at. Most stores require at least the receipt, especially for electronics. This doesn't have anything to do with Samsung -- they warranty the phone, but that's for manufacturer defects. It's doubtful that being locked out of your phone would be considered a manufacturer defect.

How exactly did it lock you out? Have you tried doing a hardware key factory reset? SAMSUNG Galaxy J7 Sky Pro 4G - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info. If you had already set the phone up with your Google account, it should ask you to confirm your Google account and password upon restarting -- this is Factory Reset Protection, designed to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and simply doing a factory reset to make it their own.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well yeah they'd want the box and everything back. There's no defect on the phone plus they could just resell it aftet fixing it. I've never encountered any electronics like cellphones, laptops, TVs, heck even power banks and headphones, all of them require to be returned with the box and all contents when swapping or returning for warranty. At least that's how it works in my country. I still even have the boxes for my Galaxy S1 and Tab Plus P6200, those are about 8 and 7 year old devices now. Of course by now I've repurposed the boxes as containers for something else.

If it's just a simple locked out of forgot password, you can reset the device yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984