Why did the new Lollipop update take away my silent mode with alarm only sounding on my LG G2?

A

AC Question

Problem 1 after installing Lollipop update last night: I am irritated and surprised that I now have to go through 5 steps to make sure my alarm on my Verizon un-rooted LG G2 awakens me in the morning when I put my phone on silent because the new silent mode silences alarms, too. Really, what were the developers thinking? If people don't want their alarms to awaken them then they just turn off their alarms, you know, like the alarm clocks of olden days. Now I have to go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Interruptions > When calls and notifications arrive > Allow only priority interruptions. When I set the downtime to prevent interruptions, that puts the phone in vibrate mode, which is really loud when sitting on my nightstand. Has anyone found a better way around this?

Problem 2: The pull-down droid menu used to have playback functions for music and audiobook apps, now I actually have to go to the app or widget to control. I liked the pull-down menu because I could quickly and easily pause playback when interrupted.

Problem 3: The look of the Weather widget. I loved the realistic look of the weather in KitKat OS. But the Lollipop OS update has taken that away in favor of kindergarten drawings of the sun, clouds, rain, and snow. How can I get the old look back?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Problem 1 after installing Lollipop update last night: I am irritated and surprised that I now have to go through 5 steps to make sure my alarm on my Verizon un-rooted LG G2 awakens me in the morning when I put my phone on silent because the new silent mode silences alarms, too. Really, what were the developers thinking? If people don't want their alarms to awaken them then they just turn off their alarms, you know, like the alarm clocks of olden days. Now I have to go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Interruptions > When calls and notifications arrive > Allow only priority interruptions. When I set the downtime to prevent interruptions, that puts the phone in vibrate mode, which is really loud when sitting on my nightstand. Has anyone found a better way around this?

Problem 2: The pull-down droid menu used to have playback functions for music and audiobook apps, now I actually have to go to the app or widget to control. I liked the pull-down menu because I could quickly and easily pause playback when interrupted.

Problem 3: The look of the Weather widget. I loved the realistic look of the weather in KitKat OS. But the Lollipop OS update has taken that away in favor of kindergarten drawings of the sun, clouds, rain, and snow. How can I get the old look back?

Welcome to Android Central!

Looking at all the issues that are coming up with the Lollipop upgrade on a lot of phones It is almost like the manufactures are just throwing it together and not remember to add features back in that were there already.