Why does my phone still ring when my headphones are plugged in even when set on silent mode?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy s7 and I've noticed that it will still ring even when on silent or vibration mode if headphones are plugged in. This is very annoying because I use headphones to listen to rain sounds and music to help me sleep and sometimes I get calls that will wake me up even though my phone is set to silent. I have tried to find the solution online to no avail. Please help me figure out how to fix this.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you would call this a security thing but basically it will ring out loud with Bluetooth or headphones plugged in I guess as a backup... That's about as close as you can get is a backup. Meanwhile you might opt for Do Not Disturb instead. There are some options there that would allow you to ignore everything or just calls from people outside of your contacts and I believe you can give priority to certain callers when you've ignored everything so that they can always get through. I also believe that you can use Bixby routines to set-up different scenarios. Like if you do this at night, turn on DND with Mom as a priority caller and so on. I haven't played with it that much but from what I've heard it should be possible. Of course if you don't have anyone whom you would like to talk to you could go with Airplane Mode. If you enable WiFi after turning Airplane Mode on you can still have data, if that is necessary to your listening needs.