Why do so many android ppl wanna see Samsung fall?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Now my honest opinion. I think Samsung fans are seeing their beloved take the path of Apple and it irks them. More of a evolutionary device then anything too risky. Many of the early reviews have very strong praise for the One. HTC is reeling and so they have to take any shot they can at the big boy, only this time they have a legitimate chance to score some blows based on all the praise it's getting. Either way, if both score some blows against apple we all win. Ball is in Cupertino's court and we'll likely see what they have see in Sept, but my guess is it will be like nothing we've seen.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Some folks feel that they are personally invested in their phones. To say to one of them "my phone is better than yours" is like saying "I am better than you". Which in turn demands a defensive and amplified response. And so it gets to the point we are at today, not just android, apple, microsoft, blackberry. If Apple had more to choose from there would be the same thing there, as it is the prevailing thought is the latest is the greatest. But Android, wow, the flood of devices every quarter from so many competing companies. Its going to be messier here than anywhere else.

People want to play organized teams like ball players, yet aren't getting the same organized paychecks.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well OP.
We needed Samsung in the past to compete against Apple.
Without them everyone would be using a 3.5" iPhone by now.
I like that HTC is bringing competition to the Android world as it will keep Samsung on their toes to improve their phones.
In the end, we the consumers will have better products to choose from.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think that your title is a little off for one reason. I do not think there are "that" many who want it to fail.

What you are in my opinion experiencing instead, is that the trolls are just that much more vocal...

:cool:

This.

I have to read every post made in here. Phil beats me if I miss something :)
I've noticed it's the same 10 or so people from each side causing all the ruckus. Some of which have posted in this thread already. The rest will follow when they see it.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never cared for Samsung phones, which is why I don't root for them. It's not about how popular they've become.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Having come from an iPhone and having frequented many iPhone forums in the past, I hate to admit it but Android forums are far worse for bashing rivals. You very rarely get any of that type of thing on Apple forums. It's generally a much more civilised affair. I have several theories for this though:

1) a lot of Apple users are like the general American public - live in a little bubble world of ignorance and denial that any other competition exists.
2) Android is more accessible and generally cheaper and therefore more readily available to younger folk who don't think before they type. This is evident on many Android forums just by looking at the grammar and spelling of so many topics.
3) Samsung have incited this type of behavior with their ridiculous adverts mocking iPhone users.

I love my Note 2, but quite honestly if LG had a similar device out at the time I would have chosen them over Samsung for reason 3 alone.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2