Why do you prefer the Android OS over iOS?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well iOS finally got dark mode so maybe they felt the pressure from Android. Perhaps in future iOS releases will have more flexibility with the icon placement

KidAKidB

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Well iOS finally got dark mode so maybe they felt the pressure from Android. Perhaps in future iOS releases will have more flexibility with the icon placement
I highly doubt that. Apple wants iOS devices to be similar to each other.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Apple is too locked down. On Android I can do what I want, not what a big componay wants. I can sideload anything, without anyone bossing me around. I can make customized APKs if I wanna. MY DEVICE, MY CHOICE! (Libertarian power user here)

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Apple is too locked down. On Android I can do what I want, not what a big componay wants. I can sideload anything, without anyone bossing me around. I can make customized APKs if I wanna. MY DEVICE, MY CHOICE! (Libertarian power user here)

With each subsequent Android OS, doesn’t the abilities to customize seem to be diminished?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
With each subsequent Android OS, doesn’t the abilities to customize seem to be diminished?
Yes. And Android 9 is the last version I consider to be "real" Android (even that is a stretch, technically 4.x was the last fully free Android). I even DELIBERATELY got an older model phone (discount priced) to avoid the Q update.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
Haven't had an Apple product in a long while - last was their music player. I don't believe IOS has the ability to use app Widgets. Nice to have in Android.

Apple IOS is like this once famous company I worked for - everyone's desk had to be in the same configuration - even down to the one picture frame allowed.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I believe iOS got a dark mode because they have OLED screens now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It’s funny because I used to like all those things too. Spent money on different icon sets, set up different widgets, etc. I realized I was spending too much time just playing around and never sticking with anything too long. Now other than changing my wallpaper once in a while my customizing days are over.

I realized quickly that it's a complete waste of time to go that deep into customization.

I spend my time in apps, not on the homescreen. And when Motorola introduced their superior AOD, I learned to travel quickly via notifications.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had an Apple product in a long while - last was their music player. I don't believe IOS has the ability to use app Widgets. Nice to have in Android.

Apple IOS is like this once famous company I worked for - everyone's desk had to be in the same configuration - even down to the one picture frame allowed.

iOS has widgets in the Today View.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I have the Android Widgets on the Home screen so they are visible at a glance - no pully, swippy. Love it.

77c0ec613e19df1ed349f2a05aab81ad.jpg

Last edited:

hjwjr1

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I love Android. The reasons are many; customization options, external storage capabilities, easy Bluetooth/WIreless connectivity to my PC, a vibrant and knowledgeable customization (rooting) community and the ability to choose and imstall the apps of my choice for video, audio and other media.

Apple makes an excellent product in the I-Phone. But, they are slow to innovate and are usually two years behind Android in regards to adding new features. I'm currently using an LG-V30, 9.0 OS and it's been absolutely flawless.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Swipe to the left.
Yep yep that's the part I love most about Android phones but pixel phones in particular. Swipe to the right to go to my Discovery feed! It's absolutely awesome. It's part of my everyday routine.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have had a lot of iPhones starting from the very old 3g to 6s still and like how smooth they are but now on s9 and s10 on the way as got a great deal on one off a person on eBay, so I'm awaiting it.
iPhone..........well-built phone and very smooth but missing a lot.
Android (Samsung s9 and s10) fast/solid phone and loads of stuff you can do with apps/tones etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere