Why doesn't my internal storage decrease when I uninstall an app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The last time I uninstalled some apps and mobile games from my cell phone to make room for Lost Light, I discovered a problem.
That internal memory did not decrease very much at all. There was no major difference compared to how it was before the uninstalls.
What are the reason behind that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Different apps require very different amounts of storage space so it's a really conditional matter. And it's all relative to much internal storage is in your phone. As an example, if you uninstall 100mb of apps from a phone with only 16GB of internal storage, from a percentage standpoint, this will have more impact to the amount of freed storage space than uninstalling 100mb of apps from a phone with 128GB of storage.
Another factor to take into consideration is just what apps were removed. On my phone I have the Gboard app that's well over 100mb in size just for the app itself. Conversely the Open Camera app is only 8mb in size.

So you need to take into consideration just which apps you removed and your phone's amount of internal storage to get a better perspective on if you did or did not have a significant impact on freeing up storage space.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also if your struggling with storage might want consider upgrading to more storage device 16gb,32 storage and even 64gb are easily to fill up , 128gb and higher if you download lot of things and apps should be minimum.