Why have all of my files doubled in the internal memory?

A

AC Question

Have all my files are doubled in the internal memory

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with 11.82 GB available memory. Although all my files take up 3.9 GB, my phone tells me that they take up double.
Through ES File Explorer i found this path : Device/ Storage/ Emulated/ "0" and "legacy".
Both "0" and "legacy" are exactly the same( number of files, folders an storage space). If i delete a file from "0" it automatically deletes the file from "legacy", so i can not delete one and leave the other.

Does anyone have any ideea why this is happening?

Thank you very much.

xxvisionrider

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Yep, exact same problem as of yesterday. I was trying to transfer files to my SD card and it continually would get partially done and display "task failed". I found out later that it had created a ton of duplicate files and used ALL of my device memory. I would love to find a solution to fix it. I have been trying to use every program I can find to deal with it with no luck. I cant get android file transfer to connect to my mac (shocker) kies seems all but useless and I am attempting to try samsung smart switch now except I dont have enough internal memory to download the app on my freaking phone!!!! UGHHHHHHH
What a nightmare.

xxvisionrider

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I had Kies and just dragged it to the trash but not until I ran the included installer would the AFT work. AFT seems to be working and allowing me to access and delete the unbelievable number of duplicates that my once favorite file app created.... Holy Moly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool