why is my Huawei T1 7 media pad Google Play just showing blank screen?

nadesprockett

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Gmail was freezing a lot. Tried to uninstall it. Bad idea! Google play is just blank screen now. Gmail also will not let me add my Gmail address which is ok, can still access it through browser.
Have factory reset 3 times, but google Play still blank screen and can't update or add any apps.
Tried to access Play through browser too, shows the media pad icon but says ' no carrier'.
Have tried to install same version of Play from apkmirror.com but either doesn't install or just same problem.
Default you tube is there ok, and Google maps etc but just Play is the most important thing
Any help would be really awesome:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Did the tablet come with the Play Store preinstalled, or did you have to install it manually? Is the tablet rooted? You generally can't completely uninstall Gmail unless the device is rooted (or unless the device didn't come with Google apps preinstalled, like devices intended for markets that don't support Google services).

nadesprockett

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks B Diddy, pad came with all Google apps installed already. After Gmail started to freeze a lot, I made bad decision to try to uninstall it ( or more accurately: pressed clear cache/data/force stop, as doesn't have' uninstall' option) so totally messed it all up)
The blank screen in play is result of that.
Tried a number of great suggestions from different users, but still the same.
Factory reset it now 3 times.
Whatever I did seems to have messed up the Google software on it. Can access my Gmail through browser, and tried to do same with play, but keeps saying Media Pad has ' No carrier'.
As you can tell, I'm not very tech savvy: really thought by resetting to factory default I'd undo the mess I made.
One user suggested looking into settings Google apps, and see if there's a Google disconnected or something along those lines but just seems to be the 3 options of Force stop, clear cache/ data for each setting.
If you have any more ideas of what I could try, I'd be so grateful! As it is, it's a nearly dead device as all apps are out of date now, can't update, add etc :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Drive on your computer and look at the Backups (in the left column). If there's a backup for the tablet, delete it. Then remove your Google account from the tablet and do another factory reset. Just wondering if the backed up data that's restoring each time might be glitching things out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781