Why people don't like the fact that Apple is using Android features in iOS 7

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Usage stats beg to differ.
LOL...Usage stats have NOTHING to do with the definition. Something that is web-centric means that the application, device or system has been designed for using the Web. BOTH tablets and smartphones obviously are designed to use the web. BOTH are web-centric. Tablets don't have the ability to use the web "more". You're confusing a devices ability with how often it's being used.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL...Usage stats have NOTHING to do with the definition. Something that is web-centric means that the application, device or system has been designed for using the Web. BOTH tablets and smartphones obviously are designed to use the web. BOTH are web-centric. Tablets don't have the ability to use the web "more". You're confusing a devices ability with how often it's being used.

I think you are the one that is confused. Smartphones these days are not web centric. They are app-centric. (As in, specifically designed to avoid using the web in favor of apps designed for the smaller screen) Tablets are meant for consuming content, the majority of which is on the web. Usage stats clearly indicate this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

In fact, I'd go as far to say that phones are more web-centric because they can access the internet anywhere, whereas the majority of tablets are WiFi-only.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
In fact, I'd go as far to say that phones are more web-centric because they can access the internet anywhere, whereas the majority of tablets are WiFi-only.
Well stated, and great point.

I haven't seen ANY smartphones that are Wi-Fi only, but I've seen a lot of tablets that are....

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
We can do without the needless adjectives. If you want to infer what my attitude is then that is your own issue.

Apple designs the hardware and the software. I'm talking about innovation. Which apple lacks. And this is in their hardware and their software. Sure competing manufacturers and OS developers may borrow popular features from each other. But my question still remains. What has apple done lately that is so revolutionary? They may have had the most impact in the smartphone the way we know it today, but they did not invent the smartphone. Handset manufacturers who make handsets with android or even other operating systems consistently introduce new features before apple. Apple may be the leader in marketshare, but not with innovation.

I love the GS3 ads. The next big thing is already here. With an Apple, you may get it next time. Or the time after.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Apple lacks in there hardware and software? How many bugs are found in Android OS? Why does Android have so many OS? But wait.....Apple lacks. Hardware lacking? Not at all. Why does an android need a quad core processor? IPhone has no bs apps running all the time using up resources. But apple lacks. You really try to bash a product that has perfected itself better than your beloved android. Sorry to tell you this but all your high end software and hardware can't compete in reliability to iPhone. Meaning, iPhone will last much longer than any droid. Droids over time versus iPhone tend to run slower and lag a bit. But wait, I almost forgot....apple lacks. Let me ask this simple question. Before you answer, please take the time to ponder this question. Why does Android come out with at least 6 new devices almost every 6-8months? Whereas apple comes out every year.....1 device. Simply put this way. Android believes in cosmetics whereas apple believes in stability. Sorry if this statement hurts.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Apple lacks in there hardware and software? How many bugs are found in Android OS? Why does Android have so many OS? But wait.....Apple lacks. Hardware lacking? Not at all. Why does an android need a quad core processor? IPhone has no bs apps running all the time using up resources. But apple lacks. You really try to bash a product that has perfected itself better than your beloved android. Sorry to tell you this but all your high end software and hardware can't compete in reliability to iPhone. Meaning, iPhone will last much longer than any droid. Droids over time versus iPhone tend to run slower and lag a bit. But wait, I almost forgot....apple lacks. Let me ask this simple question. Before you answer, please take the time to ponder this question. Why does Android come out with at least 6 new devices almost every 6-8months? Whereas apple comes out every year.....1 device. Simply put this way. Android believes in cosmetics whereas apple believes in stability. Sorry if this statement hurts.

Posted via Android Central App

I believe most people say this in terms of functionality, but the specific argument you're replying to said that it lacks innovation. Which, as far as I know, is true... is it not? Are they inventing features or new ways of using the device? Or are they allowing ideas to somewhat mature before incorporating them into their own system?

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Does Siri ring a bell? Innovation by who?.....Apple. Google just came out with something similar this year. Where does Apple lack exactly? Let us see.........nowhere far as i can tell. Just because android gooeys up the UI does not constitute innovation. Android hasnt innovated anything really. It is the device manufacture not android who is innovating. Quite giving credit to android. You wanted to pull punches so there it is. Android is the OS only. They taylor to the phone, hmmm..........interesting.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
10 years ago I didn't mind Apple, but nowadays Apple irritates me- they're running around patenting anything they can get their hands on so they can force others using what they patented to pay them royalties, the chiclet keyboard is the one that bugs me the most since Spectrum invented that, not Apple. And yes Apple has been using functions and features that aren't theirs and calling it theirs. Samsung however is doing it wrong, they're testing Apple and putting Android on the line because of their actions with Apple, Android shouldn't have to go down the toilet because of Samsung's messup, Samsung are trying their best to copy Apple in many ways, have you seen the tablet case boxing and among other things? They look a lot like Apple accessories.

Apple trademarked the name "iPod" and "iPhone" which weren't theirs to begin with, Cisco had the iPhone name before that but didn't register it when it was discontinued and iPod was taken from a guy that was obviously paid fat cash. And then the fingerprint unlock with the iPhone 5S... it's been done, it's not new. Since Siri is Apple's, the voice of Siri isn't, the woman of the voice has done it for decades for GPS devices and was surprised that she was Siri as if she had no idea she had any part of Siri- how could you use the woman's voice and not letting her know about it?

Apple seems to only be interested in taking control of the mobile market completely (and doing so by patenting everything they can) since they couldn't beat Microsoft in the computer world, and then making as much money as they can from it. An iPhone costs ~$200 to manufacture yet sells for significantly more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d