Why people don't like the fact that Apple is using Android features in iOS 7

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Patents aren't too specific. Some patents protect over 10 aspects each. Some very broadly worded.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Depends on who you talk to and the metric you're using. Apples marketshare is 40-60%, but their actual usage is significantly higher. iPads account for over 80% of web traffic.

http://marketingland.com/tablet-market-share-ipad-remains-dominant-samsung-shows-growth-45974

I hate when people use Web traffic as a standard for how well a device sells. All it shows is that the users of a specific product use their device online more than others. It is in no way indicative of how the device is performing in the marketplace.

Imo I just think apple users have more time on their hands than android users, thus leading to the increased Internet usage.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I hate when people use Web traffic as a standard for how well a device sells. All it shows is that the users of a specific product use their device online more than others. It is in no way indicative of how the device is performing in the marketplace.

Imo I just think apple users have more time on their hands than android users, thus leading to the increased Internet usage.

You would be absolutely incorrect in your thinking.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not incorrect, Web traffic usage does not represent how well a device sells. There are people that use their devices without Internet.

Do you care to explain how it does?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You would be absolutely incorrect in your thinking.

Or Android users are too busy customizing the look and feel of their devices to actually do anything on them. :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not incorrect, Web traffic usage does not represent how well a device sells. There are people that use their devices without Internet.

Do you care to explain how it does?

We're talking about tablets here. 90% of what they're capable of requires internet access.

Sales numbers only indicate sales, not whether people are actually using their devices.

Also, go back and read my original post. You'll see that I didn't claim that usage indicated how well a device sold.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
We're talking about tablets here. 90% of what they're capable of requires internet access.
My N7 begs to differ.

Sales numbers only indicate sales, not whether people are actually using their devices.
Web usage doesn't indicate how much people use their devices; it only indicates how much they use the web on their devices.

Also, go back and read my original post. You'll see that I didn't claim that usage indicated how well a device sold.
But now you do.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My N7 begs to differ.

Web usage doesn't indicate how much people use their devices; it only indicates how much they use the web on their devices.

But now you do.

No, I don't. It would be wise of you not to put words in mouth.

Also, tablets are web centric. Whether it is apps or using the browser, their primary purpose is accessing content via the web. So yes, web use certainly is a good indicator of how much people use their devices. The stat wouldn't be used if it wasn't.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't. It would be wise of you not to put words in mouth.

Also, tablets are web centric. Whether it is apps or using the browser, their primary purpose is accessing content via the web. So yes, web use certainly is a good indicator of how much people use their devices. The stat wouldn't be used if it wasn't.

How are tablets any more web-centric than smartphones?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen therefore more enjoyable to web browse

Posted via Android Central App

But doesn't that apply to anything, not just the web? And doesn't it apply more to games (don't require internet) than browsing?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But doesn't that apply to anything, not just the web? And doesn't it apply more to games (don't require internet) than browsing?

No. Most games for these OSes are not optimized for tablets. Some are, but most aren't.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No. Most games for these OSes are not optimized for tablets. Some are, but most aren't.

On Android, at least, they don't need to be optimized. They look as good on a tablet as on a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201