Why people don't like the fact that Apple is using Android features in iOS 7

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No, more like what I said.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

No, my point is that an app should look even better on a tablet compared to a phone, not merely the same.

As a smartphone typically has a smaller display compared to a tablet, tradeoffs often have to be made in its UI (one such example being the numerous back buttons in the app as we scroll and swipe from one screen to another). Tradeoffs which we tolerate because we know no other better alternative yet exists.

These constraints don't exist on a tablet with a much larger screen. There is a lot more room for a different and better layout which should allow for a better user experience overall. People shouldn't have to contend with running the equivalent of blown-up phone apps on a tablet.

While it is true that IOS developers have to code twice (for iphone and again separately for the ipad), what Apple does is to release SDKs which make it fairly easy for them to do their job. And at the end of the day, consumers benefit because they are getting a much better quality of apps.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Really? You know what I meant. The same goes for those.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

No it really doesn't. There are a lot of games whose controls were never meant to be used on a 9 or 10 inch tablet, and vice versa.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd like to add some fuel to the fire... As I see it has died down.

Some people just like to watch the world burn and I'm one of them.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371965325105.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371965325105.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 25

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd like to add some fuel to the fire... As I see it has died down.

Some people just like to watch the world burn and I'm one of them.

You could at least try to use a graphic that's even a little accurate.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it before. Nothing on it is accurate. Just something some fandroid made to make themselves sleep better at night after apple sued Samsung.

Actually it is from ifunny. Not anything I threw together. Sorry about the resolution.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to this.. Apple wants to be the only company on the market. They are afraid of competition, and whenever another company comes out with something better than them, they cry and litigate. But once again, they feel it is ok for them to steal ideas from other companies. And guess what... that is ok because sharing ideas is what creates competition. But don't you dare take Apple's ideas though....

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to this.. Apple wants to be the only company on the market. They are afraid of competition, and whenever another company comes out with something better than them, they cry and litigate. But once again, they feel it is ok for them to steal ideas from other companies. And guess what... that is ok because sharing ideas is what creates competition. But don't you dare take Apple's ideas though....

Does Apple have the same case against every Android OEM?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
No just the biggest ones.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Right. Only the ones that are a threat.

That's funny. In order of events. Assume every lawsuit triggers a counter suit.

2009: Nokia sues Apple.

2010:
Apple sues HTC.
Motorola sues Apple.
Microsoft threatens to sues everybody about file system patents, then sues Motorola over abusive practices.
Nokia, Apple, HTC, Motorola keep suing each other.

Apple sues Samsung.

Yup, you guys are spot on.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

That's called monopolization and apple has been at it almost as long as microsoft (although Microsoft has their tactic perfected). That's why I don't support them, they're almost as bad as the standard oil company from the early 1900's.