Why S3 so slow?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This is NOT a slow phone. If it's gotten very slow, it's almost certainly because of the app(s) you've installed. First, do a reboot. If it's still slow, look at what apps are running in the background, and what apps are using cpu. The app System Panel is very good for this. If all else fails, factory reset.

Steven Holman

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
what i always do its tap settings > applications manager > (swype) to running applications tab >and you can touch on the offending apps to stop them. for things like google maps you will have to swype right to the next tab to directly force close apps. this way you wont clog your memory up on task killers and its the safest way to kill apps, ass annoying it is. all these apps are decoys. hope this helps

p.s you can kill cached processes too as its like the turbo boost part of the phone basically

Steven Holman

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, my phone is so slow is ridiculous. I've closed every app that's unnecessary, it's not on power saver, there's no special apps open. Even opening sms, or the contacts takes 2 seconds. 2 seconds, I've timed it. What is going on???

- - - Updated - - -

I tried the developer options thing and it makes no difference. Cheers though.

try settings > applications manager > swype to running services and tap and stop. things like google maps are stubborn possibly because you have location services on. to kill apps like this keep swyping and find the apps, tap and force close :)

dazza27

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem since I upgraded to jelly bean. I tried factory resetting and removing apps.. Nothing worked.
The developer options mentioned previously helped a little, but was still really sluggish.

What eventually REALLY helped me - turning off all locations services!! It is now substantially better!! I can't believe it took this long. Hope this helps someone else.