Why should I get the note instead of waiting for the One X?

schrochem

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
However, for those that want more than a smartphone, the Galaxy Note is the only device in its category. The S-Pen, and the 5.3 screen set this device above any mere smartphone. The capability to have an all-in-one completely portable moblie computing device means many people will no longer have to buy, carry, or manage two devices.

I was just talking to someone about my next phone. As i've mentioned here I'd really like the Note. However, it wasn't til today that it really is the Note I'm interested in and not whatever comes in the 5.3" size. I have been wondering what moto and htc would do to answer in this category. Today I realized the s-pen is something they may or may not answer.....
It seems with the premium suite coming and the s-pen challenge, there could be a lot of s-pen apps on the horizon. So the decision is pretty much made in my mind :)
The only variables are if I could at least get a rumor that it might come to VZW....
The other variable is perhaps if there is a Note V2....
However, by all accounts it's specs are plenty fine with my needs. So a quad core or Gorilla Glass 2 probably wouldn't warrant the wait.
My VZW upgrade isn't until Nov. I could wait it out...
I realize it's actually cheaper for me to switch to ATT than it would be to get a Note on VZW before Nov.
Hmmmmm.....I'm really talking myself into this..... ;)
The only other concern I have is a dev community. If I did not root my Tbolt i'd be miserable. I'm not saying the Note needs a kickass ROM to fly, but I love a slimmed down AOSP ROM with Go Launcher...

Last edited:

CDEMP11008

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest you read the XDA Note forum for information on ROMs. There is a Gingerbread ROM availble now. CM9 will be releaseed for the Note as soon as XDA recieved the required data from Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122