Why will my WiFi work for some things, but not others?

A

AC Question

Hey everyone, I've come across a rather strange problem just today, that being the subject.

To elaborate, when my WiFi is on, it connects just fine and has a very strong signal, however, the only app I can use that will actually connect to the Internet is Facebook Messenger. It'll send, deliver, and receive messages, stickers, pictures, etc. just fine, but when I try to use, say, Firefox, Netflix, or Imgur, it won't connect at all, and when I turn off my WiFi, and use data, everything works perfectly fine.

I have a Galaxy S6 that's just recently been updated to the latest version, as well as I've restarted my device, turned it on/off, the router/modem on/off, as well as wiped the cache partition, and the issue still persists.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Hey, i think i can suggest you something
Try to check if a third party app installed in your phone is preventing other apps from accessing the Internet using your mobile data subscription. To do this just start your phone in Safe Mode. Once the phone is working in this mode check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded ( possibly a security app). Find out what app this is and uninstall it.

Should the problem occur even in Safe Mode then I suggest you check if the issue is caused by a software glitch by doing a factory reset. Once the reset is done make sure to check if the phone is using the correct APN setting before checking the mobile data connection.

If the above steps fail to fix the issue then you should contact your service provider as there might be some settings needed for you to be able to use the mobile data network properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplacey